Full-Time Multi-Media Journalist, BBC Swahili Service Jobs
Our output aims to make international news relevant to an East African audience, and bring international perspectives to bear on East African developments. Reporting in a dynamic and compelling fashion is important and interactivity forms a critical part of our content across all platforms.
You will originate research, prepare, produce and present programs, items, packages, interviews, discussions, background, analysis and features, for radio, TV, online, mobile and social media.
On a daily basis, you will be under the supervision of a Senior Broadcast Journalist as appropriate. Shift work will be required which will include nights, weekends and public holidays.
- Recent and relevant experience as a multi-media broadcast journalist.
- A full command and up to date knowledge of Kiswahili (first or equivalent language).
- A good knowledge of English including complete comprehension of written and spoken English and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Wide and up to date familiarity with East Africa and an in-depth understanding of the areas’ Sporting Activities and Interests, history, politics, social issues and culture as well as the changing needs of the audience. An extensive knowledge of the media situation in the target area and the way it is developing.
- A good knowledge of, and interest in British and international current affairs, particularly insofar as they affect the target areas.
- An excellent broadcasting voice and strong presentation skills with the ability to perform at the microphone with flair. Good interviewing skills.
- Ability to write, adapt and translate with accuracy, clarity and style appropriate to differing audiences and forms of media
- Good keyboard/computer skills and the ability to acquire technical skills and to operate technical equipment. A demonstrable interest in social media and an understanding of the potential of new technology are essential.
How to ApplySubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
1010 total views, 1 today