Full-Time Latest Jobs at British Council (2 Positions)
The British Council is a British organisation specialising in international cultural and educational opportunities.
Leadership & management
- Assisting the Director of Internal Audit with the delivery of assurance processes to provide a first class Internal Audit service within the organization.
- Establish and develop the profile of Internal Audit in the regions working with Regional Leadership to embed risk-based assurance as a valued professional service
Strategy and/or planning
- Contributing to the creation of the annual audit plan, with key responsibility for identifying and proposing relevant assurance needs aligned to the principal risk profile and overall strategic priorities
Relationship and stakeholder management
- Develop a strong regional and global network in order to identify risks and opportunities to add value and coordinate control framework improvements
Consultancy, analysis and problem solving
- Performing ad-hoc advisory engagements to provide strategic insight on risks and controls to Senior and/or Regional Management.
Role specific skills
- Knowledge of Internal Audit practices (COSO, IIA etc.)
- Knowledge of Public Sector Internal Audit Standards and the mandatory elements of The Institute of Internal Auditors’ International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF)
- Risk assessment and analysis
Education, Certification and Professional Qualifications
- A professional accountancy or internal audit qualification is required.
- The British Council systems and global processes operate in English. Written and verbal proficiency in English is required.
Role specific knowledge and experience
- Experience of working in international and multi-cultural organisation
- Robust experience of risk-based audit
- Proven track record of building productive relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Reporting and engaging effectively with senior management
- Independently minded and willing to challenge existing business practice
- Be an exemplar of integrity, honesty, discretion and professionalism
- Managing a portfolio of audits to time and quality across multiple locations and business areas
- Strong track-record with proven experience of successfully managing and delivering similar roles including line management experience.
- Knowledge of SAP applications
- Knowledge of Shared Services operations
- Experience of third party contract assurance
- Program management qualification e.g. MSP, PRINCE2
- IT assurance qualifications e.g. CISA
- Data analytics experience
- Knowledge on use of audit software or tools e.g TeamMate
- Knowledge of governance in a group structure (regional hubs, service clusters)
Closing Date – 08th July 2022 (23: 59 UK Time)
Role specific knowledge and experience:
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Qualified accountant – ACCA, CPA, Country Accounting Qualification – with at least 3 years of post-qualification experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience
- Minimum of 4 years in a similar finance role
- Good understanding of financial control processes applicable to Commercial and/or Charitable organisations.
- Track record of managing key finance function in international / multinational organisation in similar context; and leading an efficient, innovative and result oriented team.
- Able to relay complex financial information in an easy-to-understand way to support non-financial managers to deliver against financial performance indicators
- Experience of managing a diverse team or group of stakeholders in multiple locations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience of an ERP system (SAP preferably)
- Experience working with international / multinational organisation
- Deliver and support the implementation of stringent financial requirements to multi-disciplinary internal staff and external partners.
- Direct experience of applying financial controls and procedures within complex operating environments to meet challenging contractual standards.
- Experience of overseeing, supporting and significantly improving financial management capability and performance of individuals and teams outside of formal / direct line management control
Role Specific Skills:
- Financial Reporting and Compliance
- Professional Accounting Standards
- Transactional Accounting and Closing
- Cash and Liquidity Management
- Tax Accounting
Closing Date – 30 June 2022 (23:59 South Africa Time)
How to ApplyUse the link(s) below to apply on company website.
828 total views, 1 today