Full-Time Warehouse Inventory Clerks (8 Positions)
Kenya Medical Supplies Authority (KEMSA) is a state corporation under the Ministry of Health established under the KEMSA Act 2013 whose mandate is: Procure, warehouse and distribute drugs and medical supplies for prescribed public health programs, the national strategic stock reserve, prescribed essential health packages and national referral hospitals.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, hard-working inventory clerk with warehouse experience and excellent math and communication skills. Your responsibilities would include maintaining inventory records, training less experienced clerks, and preparing balance and shortages reports. Inventory clerks can expect to work long hours sometimes and might have to travel occasionally.
Successful inventory clerks should have exceptional math and analytical skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills. Ideal candidates are physically fit and have warehouse experience, working knowledge of word processing, database, and spreadsheet software.
- Counts Warehouse inventory for official Warehouse records.
- Maintains logs of all products and supplies.
- Checks actual Warehouse inventory against computerized records.
- Reports any discrepancies in inventory records to the Warehouse manager.
- Receives Warehouse deliveries in the warehouse.
- Assists in unloading inventory from the delivery truck.
- Organizes inventory in Warehouse.
- Restocks merchandise on the sales floor as necessary.
- Files all delivery and inventory receipts.
- Uses warehouse information software to keep track of orders, returns, and supply.
- Writes up inventory reports detailing any overstock or missing items.
- Presents inventory reports at Warehouse meetings.
- Ensures that Warehouse is clean and well organized.
- Moves and restructures the organization of Warehouse to make space for new inventory
- Assists in cleaning and organizing the Warehouse upon closing.
- Pulls any defective or expired medical commodities and arrange for return.
- Packs up items for return and creates shipping labels.
- Submits orders for replenishment of inventory.
- Retrieves products from Warehouse for customers.
- Reviews shipping and receiving documents for accuracy.
- Assists customers on the sales floor in locating items.
- Assists Warehouse or inventory manager in devising new ways to reduce shrink and maintain inventory control
- Required education: Diploma, Associate’s degree
- Required relevant work experience: 2 years
- Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
How to ApplyThose interested and who meet the above requirements are invited to apply for the job. The application, accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials addressed as below should reach the Chief Executive Officer not later than 31st Oct 2019 Chief Executive Officer. Kenya Medical Supplies Authority Commercial Street Industrial Area P.O. Box 47715-0010 Nairobi
981 total views, 3 today