Full-Time Chief of Staff Jobs
The Chief of Staff (CoS) will be an essential part of a leadership team that manages the largest program in One Acre Fund and one of the largest social enterprises in Africa. The Kenya program serves over 395,000 clients, manages over $50m in loans and over 3,000 staff. By 2030, we aim to transform every farming community in Kenya, and serve more than 1.5 million Kenyan farm families.
The Chief of Staff will report directly to Country Leadership. In this role, you will to drive results, advise senior leadership, shape organisation culture and make your colleagues better at their jobs.
- Lead Strategic Planning. Develop relationships with Kenya Division Heads and work with them and Country Leadership to coordinate country wide strategic planning
- Lead Internal Communications. Maintain a regular touchpoint with the Global Internal Communications Lead and take the lead role on internal comms for the Kenya program
- Improve Team Culture and Performance. Work with the Kenya People Director to manage and accelerate projects that can improve Kenya wide team culture and performance
- Support Senior Recruiting. Work with the Country Leadership team to provide support for Director and Senior Director recruiting and support overall country wide recruiting.
- Lead Important Strategic Projects. Take full ownership of projects that have country wide strategic importance but do not fit into a current divisions scope of responsibilities.
- Government Relations Liaison. Be the liaison point between all program teams and Kenya’s government relations (GR) team to improve coordination and outcomes.
Career Growth and Development
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking candidates with 5+ years work experience as a manager or director in a fast-growing organization, and a propensity for innovation. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with patience and a humble approach to service. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 6+ years of experience total and 3+ years of experience in senior management roles that required significant coordination, communications and people related experience.
- Motivated by helping others. This role is not about individual achievements but about supporting leadership and the broader Kenya team.
- Strong collaboration skills and proficient at understanding motivations of different groups and teams and supporting them to work together.
- Ability to work independently managing oneself in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professional who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience and a humble approach to service and interested in joining our family of leaders.
- A passion for One Acre Fund’s program and the desire to advance our mission based on a genuine and humble commitment to serving the poor
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree is required for this position.
- Language: English required
Preferred Starting Date
As soon as possible
This role is based in Kakamega. You may work up to 35% from another location of your choice.
Consistent with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidate
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
How to ApplyOne Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.acrefund.org.
463 total views, 1 today