Full-Time Waiter & Waitress Jobs (10 Positions)
Department: Hospital Administration
Section/Unit: Hospitality Services
Reports to: Serving Supervisor
Reporting to the Serving Supervisor, the Waiter/Waitress job exists to take orders from patients and serve them with food and beverages according to their nutritional and dietary needs at KUTRRH.
- Take food and beverage orders for patients from Nursing Officers in-charge of Wards, and direct the same to the Serving Supervisor in the hospital.
- Provide waiting services and ensure that all the wards and other eating areas are served appropriately with foods and beverages in the hospital.
- Liaise with Food Porters to ensure that foods and beverages are distributed to the wards and other eating areas in time for serving to patients and staff in the hospital.
- Distribute foods and beverages to patients according to their orders based on their nutritional and dietary needs, and staff in the different areas of the hospital.
- Check with patients to ensure that they eat their meals and take any corrective actions to any arising challenges with the same in the hospital.
- Clean the dining areas or equipment and the patients if necessary, removing any used materials from the beds and tables of patients in the hospital.
- Take note of any food and beverage, or serving concerns from patients and redirect it to the Serving Supervisor for redress in the hospital.
- Provide to patients and staff other necessary materials such as seasoning salt, water, extra utensils and table clothes in the dining wards and areas of the hospital.
- Collect all used and unused utensils and other serving and waiting materials from the eating areas and load them on trollies to be returned to the kitchen of the hospital.
- Collect and dispose all used and unused materials in dustbins and trashcans according to the public health and sanitation policies, procedures and processes in the hospital.
- Certificate in Hospitality related course from a reputable institution.
- At least one year working experience as a Waiter/Waitress in a reputable institution
- Medical fitness certificate from the Public Health Office.
- Knowledge of hospital hospitality operations
- Knowledge of professional standards
Soft skills required for the job:
- Communication skills
- Team player
- Observation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in odd hours and odd days
How to ApplyIf your background and competencies match the specifications of any of these posts, please send your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form Download the Job Job Application Form. ONLY via email to email@example.com Or hard copies can be addressed to: The Chief Executive Officer Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO Nairobi Kenya The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Monday 5th August 2019
1196 total views, 1 today