Full-Time Supply Assistant Jobs
To act as the focal point of the imports, exports and KRA refunds
1. Drawback, Refunds and rebates
- Supporting exports procedures and trucking all regulatory exports’ documentation.
- Coordinate application of all regulatory approvals for all deliveries under drawback, refunds and rebate regimes
- Collating all support documents for drawback, refunds and rebate
- Computation, compilation and approval of all drawback, refunds and rebate vouchers for lodging with KRA.
- Follow up of all claims through KRA system and reprocessing rejected claim
- Performance oversight role to the C&F on all issues related to exports, duty free deliveries, drawback, refunds and rebate processing.
- Periodic reporting of exports, duty free deliveries, drawback, refunds as required from time to time
2. Vessels Discharge supervision
- Act a shore officer to oversee all relevant disport operations on behalf of Supply department.
- Coordinate with Shipping agents to ensure efficient performance of their role
- Oversight role on discharge process to ensure no loss of time during discharge and that discharge is completed within the allocated window and intervene where need be.
- Oversight role on computation of products discharged to ensure minimum losses and ascertain quantities that have been received in tank.
- Participate in planning for optimal discharge to safeguard VEK interests
- Ensure efficient discharge changeover between different terminals
3. Exports Coordination
- Keep track of all VEK/SVLK Exports to ensure efficient clearance as per prevailing KPI
- Coordinate with all internal imports focal points to ensure no knowledge and process gaps and timely action by the focal points to alleviate clearance delays, demurrage and storage charges.
- Performance oversight role to the C&F on all issues related to imports
- Support to all business Units in VEK and SVLK when declaring exports to ensure correct documentation.
4. Compliance with Regulatory framework
- Maintain daily communications with KRA to ensure no negative publicity related to compliance issues and if any raise it immediately with supervisor.
- Action on all non-compliance issues raised by CSD immediately they are raised and get formal confirmations from KRA on close-out of each.
- Monitor changes in the above regulatory environment and focal points on the best way to comply.
- Conduct monthly reconciliation with KRA KOSF to ensure all imported products have been fully accounted for and captured in KRA records.
- Reconciliation of all KRA demands from Customs Services Department to ensure close-out and formal communication of the same by KRA.
- Monthly reporting of all outstanding KRA demands related to your role
- Building professional influential rapport with KRA and interpersonal skills to achieve objectives.
- Delivery of timely status reports.
- Compliance with KRA legal framework relating to this role
- Risk of penalization by KRA and the resulting need to keep very good records to mitigate.
- Challenge of ensuring effective supervision and performance of C&F agents
- Working odd hours when supervising vessels discharge
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Solid prior experience of customs processes
- Solid prior experience regarding drawback refunds.
- Proven analytical competencies
- Strong and effective team player.
- High integrity and strong character
- Proven communication and inter-personal skills.
- A sound understanding of accounting principles and concepts and their application and Proficient in IT especially Microsoft Office and JDE.
- A working knowledge with relevant Tax laws (East Africa Community Customs Management Act)
- Good business relationship and contacts with relevant Tax authority teams
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values
- Income Tax / VAT/Customs& excise/EACCMA
- Accounting skills (working knowledge of standards/practice)
- Displays personal effectiveness
- Team Working
- Correctness & integrity of figures
- Demonstrate Courage
- Good communications skills and ability to influence others
- Shore Officer competences
530 total views, 1 today