Full-Time Study Clinical Officer Jobs
The KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme is well known internationally for its work in improving global health. The Programme has a diverse clinical research programme that includes clinical trials of disease prevention, vaccines, management of acute illness, basic science and translation of research finding into global health policy.
Job Group MR/7
Job Description: The Study Clinical Officer (CO) will be responsible for the managing one of the study sites in part of the clinical trial titled “Antibiotics for Children with Severe Diarrhea (ABCD) Trial”. She/he will oversee a study team responsible for screening, enrollment, follow up, and management of care study participants. She/he will also be responsible for performing physical examination, administration of study investigational product.
The Study CO will also be responsible for data collection, direct data entry, and responding to data queries She/he will be based in Nyanza where patient recruitment will be happening.
The Study Clinical Officer will report directly to the Study Coordinator and will be a part of a large clinical-research team located in Kenya and the United States.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- At least three (3) years working experience in clinical research or in a busy clinic setting
- Registration certificate and valid practicing license from the relevant professional body
- Experience in clinical trials will be an added advantage
- Ability to manage and supervise a team of study personnel
- Ability to communicate effectively and frequently to domestic and international supervisors in person, over the phone, on Skype, and over email
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype, email)
- Able to multi-task
- Team player
- Highly detail oriented
- Willing and ready to travel within the Nyanza Province
- Direct clinical care to infants
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of Dho/Luo/Kuria an added advantage
- Screen and consent study participant who meet the eligibility criteria
- Perform baseline and follow up physical examination
- Attend to study participants at the health facility and do daily ward rounds
- Administer the investigational product to the enrolled study participant
- Management and recording of incidental illnesses and any side effects from the study investigational product
- Make diagnoses and decisions to admit patients per the study protocol
- Ensure accuracy, correctness and completeness of questionnaires by performing quality control
- Ensure real time data entry of the questionnaires into the database within 24 hours
- Present weekly and monthly reports of clinic activities on patients enrolled and all excluded patients and reasons for exclusion where applicable plans for follow up
- Record and report any SAEs observed or reported by the care giver immediately within 24 hours of becoming aware
- Maintain a chart of initial and follow up visits by clients to track their progress and clinic attendance
- Collect specimens and ensure tracking to ensure delivery oversee the work in the laboratory
- Perform verbal autopsy on all cases of mortality occurring at home
- Maintain proper communication between clinic and Study Coordinators office
- Manage study clinic staff at the study site
- Manage stock inventory within the study site
- Make weekly reports on the administration of aspects of responsible study site
- Address weekly data queries
- Fill-in for site staff members when necessary
- Perform other duties that may be given by the Study Coordinator and investigators
- Uphold the mission and vision of KEMRI/UW organization
Terms of Employment: One year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a probation period for the first 3 months. The successful candidate shall be based in Nyanza.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI salary scales.
How to ApplyIf you meet the above requirements, please CLICK HERE to complete the online application form and then send an application letter with your current CV that contains details of your qualifications, experience and the full-time telephone number and names and addresses of 3 professional referees and copies of certificates and testimonials to Email address: email@example.com to reach us by Wednesday 9th January, 2019 at 3.00 p.m. KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY. PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALISED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1205 total views, 2 today