Full-Time Software Developer Jobs
Save the Children has been operational in Kenya since the 1950s, providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered both directly and through local partners. Current programming focuses on child protection, child rights governance, education, health, HIV/AIDS, livelihoods, nutrition and WASH. In 2012, as part of a global reorganization process, Save the Children combined the programmes of SC UK, SC Canada and SC Finland to create a single operation in Kenya. In Feb 2014, we completed a second transition, which saw us join forces with the British INGO, Merlin, and merge their health and nutrition programmes with our own. Save the Children now has an operational presence in Bungoma, Dadaab Refugee Camp, Garissa, Mandera, Turkana and Wajir and we work through partners in many other parts of the country. In total, we employ around 188 staff and had an operating annual budget in 2019 of approximately US$ 12.4 million. In 2016, Save the Children established a new project office in Madagascar whose operations the Kenya CO manages.
The post holder will maintain and enhance existing applications based on Microsoft technologies. These will initially include our Humanitarian Response and Travel Request applications, with a roadmap for new applications already in place. She/he will be a member of a team based out of Nairobi and London.
Reports to: Head of Software Development
Staff reporting to this post: No direct reports
Budget Responsibilities: No direct budget responsibility
Contract Duration: 2 years
- Develop, maintain, monitor and assist in the upgrade of software solutions
- Estimate and deliver software development tasks
- Maintain documentation
- Provide unit testing and assist with all the other testing steps
- Required: computing degree – BSc, BA or equivalent experience
- Highly Desired: Microsoft Certified (e.g. MCSD)
- Experience as a .Net or Application Developer (e.g. C#, ASP.Net, .Net Core, MVC)
- Experience with O365 development tools and frameworks (including SharePoint Online, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, Office Add-ins, Microsoft Graph etc)
- Attention to detail, excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Familiarity with architectural styles/APIs (REST, RPC, CQRS, Micro Services)
- Database design/development experience (SQL Server, T-SQL)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure platform and services (including Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Azure Automation)
- Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
How to Apply
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
994 total views, 1 today