Internship Research Internships
Research Internships, Internships In Kenya, APHRC Jobs
Position: Research intern
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non- governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy-relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa. The Center currently has three internship opportunities for a period of 3-6 months starting from April 2020. The internships provide an opportunity for postgraduate students to develop a deep appreciation of various elements of research through attachment in a highly active research environment.
- Under the guidance of an assigned supervisor, set project goals, create an action and implementation-to-completion plan of action;
- Coordinate with research unit/project to determine research objectives;
- Provide periodic project updates and reports;
- Contribute to policy engagement;
- Present in at least one Brown bag presentation during the internship period;
- Submit a final report one week before the end of the internship; and
- Submit an internship feedback form.
- Copies of academic certificates;
- A letter of recommendation showcasing your suitability for the internship;
- From the list below, specify your preferred top two projects. More details on the projects are in the APHRC website.
- Evaluating a service model for management of hypertension and diabetes among low and middle- income patients enrolled on M-TIBA in Nairobi, Kenya;
- Changing Food Systems in Kenya and Malawi and the Challenge of Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance;
- Right to Food under the Maternal and Child Wellbeing;
- Quality of post-abortion care project in Burkina Faso, Kenya and Nigeria; and
- Mapping scholarship and scholars on aging in sub-Saharan Africa.
How to ApplyInterested candidates are encouraged to send their application letter and CV in English to email@example.com with the subject “Research Intern” by February 24, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Human Resources Officer African Population and Health Research Center, Inc APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru P.O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi Website: www.aphrc.org
1294 total views, 1 today