Full-Time Re-advertisement – Dean of Students Jobs
Great Lakes University of Kisumu (GLUK) is a Chartered Private University in Kenya with the main campus based in Kisumu City and a learning center in Nairobi City. GLUK is established as a Centre of excellence bridging academics with community and institutional based development. GLUK is committed to maintaining high standards of education and training of professionals who are responsible stewards of resources and services in the society.
Applications are therefore invited from qualified candidates all across the country.
Job Title: Dean of Students (1) Position
- Direct, manage, and supervise the Dean of Students Office and all programs pertaining to this office.
- Direct and oversee the Students Rights and Responsibilities and the Student Code of Conduct.
- Plan and implement the New Student Orientation (NSO), Transfer and Family Connections orientations, and student transition programs.
- Research, plans, implements, and assesses student development efforts with all elements of the university community and all facets of campus life.
- Handle emergency and crisis situations that pertain to students and campus life
- Coordinating Co-curricular programs and activities for students
- Liaise with University management on student’s welfare.
- Facilitate and oversee student’s accommodation and recreational activities
Qualification & Competencies Required
- Doctor of Philosophy in Sociology, Education, Psychology, Theology, Student Affairs, Higher Education Administration or any other relevant field.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in an educational administrative role preferred
- Previous work experience in student’s affair is an added advantage.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Experience determining fair consequences for students in violation of the code of conduct
- Exceptional interpersonal skills when dealing with students, parents and staff
- Experience investigating complaints and grievances against instructors, staff and fellow students
- Ability to prepare and make effective presentations promoting programs within the University
- Ability to analyze data regarding the effectiveness of programs and initiatives within the University
- Comfortable administering consequences for violation of the code of conduct of academic integrity standards
- Experience in creating and supporting social clubs and programs within the University.
How to ApplyApplicants to address Cover letter, CV and testimonials indicating the position applied for to: Office of Deputy Vice Chancellor Finance and Administration. Great Lakes University of Kisumu P.O Box 2224-40100 Kisumu. Send via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Email subject line to read the position applied for. Applications to reach us by Friday, 10th November 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
204 total views, 3 today