Internship Procurement Internships
- Location; Nairobi
Summary of key functions
The main purpose of this position is to support the CARE Kenya’s procurement function data management in accordance with the procurement policy. The position holder will be responsible for ensuring tendering,
solicitation, pre-qualification, and supplier payment data are effectively and efficiently maintained according to the guiding policies and standards.
Administrative Procurement Support Services
- Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Manager, the procurement intern provides a variety of specialized and non-specialized transactional support services, ensuring consistency and quality of work steps completed, as well as optimal information flow. He/she will:
- Assist in analyzing bid documents, evaluation reports and contract award submissions, ensuring consistency in format and content.
- Coordinate receipt of goods/works/services with administration function and ensure timely submission of complete payment documentations according to the checklist to the procurement manager while at the same time ensuring all the documents submitted for payment are compliant with the CARE’S procurement policy.
- Facilitate filing of contract/pre-qualification documentations, and ensure completeness of files per their respective checklist
- Process invoices for goods and services delivered ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation and timely payment. Follow up to completion and inform clients.
- Submit weekly/monthly supplier payment/ invoicing reports to the procurement manager
- Participate in tendering processes and document the entire process ensuring all relevant approvals at each stage is attained (secretary to the process.)
- Assist in the preparation of reports, solicitation documents and contracts
- Perform other duties as assigned by team
Client Services Client Relationships/ Stakeholder Management
- Actively work with respective internal clients to provide and exchange information on a variety of issues in procurement processes and transactions, to deliver correct and timely services.
- Provide standardized procurement services, guidance, and information to staff of the Business Unit on routine processes and procedures.
- Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, purchasing, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management is required.
- Relevant professional qualification in Procurement and or Supply Chain Management (CIPS qualification or equivalent is preferred)
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience but those with professional experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should have graduated from the above stated fields within two (2) years prior to the applications date of the internship.
- Fluency in written and oral English
- Knowledge of local markets, local as well as international procurement regulations
- Excellent analytical, data management and communication skills
- Demonstrated integrity and of positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Agility- Open to change and flexible in a fast-paced environment. Ability to adapt or change priorities and approaches according to the changing demands of the job
- Customer oriented – internal and external
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and abide by the organizational policies on procurement.
376 total views, 4 today