Full-Time Nursing Officer Jobs (6 Positions)
Nursing Officer Job, Nursing Jobs In Kenya July 2020,
The Kenya COVID-19 Health Emergency Response project is the Phase 1 of the Multi-Phase Programmatic Approach for Strategic Preparedness and Response Program funded by the World Bank which aims to prevent, detect and respond to the threat posed by COVID-19 and strengthen national systems for public health preparedness. The proposed project aims to assist Kenya in its efforts to prevent, detect and respond to the threat posed by COVID- 19 and strengthen national systems for public health preparedness.
The Government is implementing a Presidential directive that, since 16th May 2020, all drivers of cargo vehicles shall be subjected to mandatory COVID-19 disease testing and will only be granted entry into the territory of the Republic of Kenya if they test negative1. There is also a directive of mass testing of frontline workers at the points of entry. To effectively implement this there is need to increase personnel capacity for Clinical Officers, Nursing Officers and Public Health Officers (PHOs) in selected POES and inland surveillance sites along the major transport corridors in Kenya and in Counties at the borders. To operationalize these mentioned areas, four (4) Clinical Officers, fifteen (15) Public Health Officers and Six (6) Nursing Officers will be contracted for in these areas. This will form part of the strategic preparedness and response which is aimed at prevention, detection and response to the threat posed by COVID-19 and consequently strengthening national systems for public health preparedness.
The Nursing Officers will be responsible for responding to medical emergencies and undertaking referrals when recommended at points of entry for COVID-19 response and other diseases. These services will be required in the following One Stop Border Points (OSBP): 1) Namanga OSBP, 2) Busia OSBP, 3) Malaba OSBP.
- Respond to medical emergencies within the port
- Offer first aid
- Carry out travel
- Facilitate patient referral to hospital.
- Facilitate medical
- Take stock of medical emergency
- Carry out health education
- Facilitate patient referral to other hospitals for further diagnosis
- Ensure that medical equipment are well calibrated and functional
- Undertake secondary screening in the absence of a clinician
- Have a diploma in nursing or Bachelor degree in nursing
- Must be registered by the Nursing Council
- Holder of a valid practising License from Nursing Council
- At least 2 years working experience in Nursing
- Knowledge of Infection, Prevention and Control in health facilities
- Experience working with Ministry of Health systems on COVID 19 is an added advantage
- Good report writing and analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
How to ApplyApplications should state the specific location applied for as stipulated above and include the following; Cover letter and current CV with names and telephone contacts, Copies of academic and professional certificates, Photocopy of ID and Testimonials/ Recommendation. Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria are invited to email their applications to email@example.com on or before Tuesday, 7th July 2020.
520 total views, 1 today