Full-Time Kenya Registered (Critical Care) Nurse I (5 Positions)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor detailed reports and records of the critical care patients.
- Monitor and record symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions and report the information to the physician.
- Order, interpret and evaluate diagnostics tests to identify and assess the patient’s condition.
- Carefully observe and document patient medical information and vital signs.
- Document patients’ medical histories and assessment findings, patients’ treatment plans, interventions, outcomes, or plan revisions.
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members about whole patient care plans.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patient’s response and conditions.
- Monitor the critical patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions.
- Administering intravenous fluids and medications as per doctor’s order.
- Monitor patients’ fluid intake and output to detect emerging problems such as fluid and electrolyte imbalances.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Identify patients who are at risk of complications due to nutritional status.
- Direct and supervise less-skilled nursing/health care personnel, or supervise a particular unit on one shift to patient’s response and conditions.
- Assist physicians with procedures such as bronchoscopy, endoscopy, endotracheal intubation, and elective cardioversion.
- Ensuring that ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment function properly, and are properly stored after use.
- Collaborating with fellow members of the critical care team.
- Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment.
- Care for pre-and post-operative patients when those patients require ICU care.
- Give critical information in critical care policy formulations besides performing some administrative duties.
- Prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs.
- Assess family adaptation levels and coping skills to determine whether intervention is needed.
- Acting as a patient advocate, and provide education and support to patient families.
- Be able to draw ABG Blood and interpret the report correctly.
Requirement for the Appointment
For the appointment to this grade, an officer must have;
- KCSE Mean Grade C, C in English or Kiswahili, and Biological Sciences, C- in any one of the following: – Chemistry, Physics/Physical Sciences, and Mathematics.
- Served in the grade of registered nurse III for a minimum period of two (2) years.
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines; Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered / Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognised institution.
- Registration certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Valid Practicing Licence from Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certificate in Computer application skills from a recognised institution; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to ApplyApplicants are advised to use PSC 2 application form (from PSC or MCPSB website) and attach the necessary documents. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to: The Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
- Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
- All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Thursday 31st March, 2022 at 5:00pm.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants must obtain the following clearances:
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
- Women, People Living with Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply;
- Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
691 total views, 2 today