Full-Time Jobs at Technical University of Mombasa (2 Positions)
A university of global excellence in advancing Knowledge, science and Technology. To provide leadership and outstanding programmes by engaging in scholarly reflection, cultivating critical thinking and advancing creative problem-solving skills in the fields of engineering, the sciences, business and related areas that benefit society.
Leadership, Plan, Organize and Manage all of the activities related to Admissions, Enrolment records and Registration of students, including serving as the official authorized keeper of University Students Records.
Any applicant for the position of Registrar (Academic Affairs) should:
- Have an earned PhD degree in social sciences or any other academic discipline from a recognized institution.
- Must have at least five (5) years relevant work experience in administrative work at the level of Deputy Registrar at Grade 14N or comparable position.
- Registered with recognized professional body (where applicable).
- Must provide evidence/documentation supporting knowledge of Management
- Information Systems and Communication Technologies.
- Certified Secretary of Kenya (CS (K) or any other relevant professional qualification be an added advantage.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- The applicant should possess the following core competencies and skills:
- Have excellent Organizational, Interpersonal and Communication and Customer Care
- Have Analytical, Leadership and Public Relations skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Integrity, Confidentiality and Transparency Management.
- Have strong Report Writing skills, Negotiation skills and Time Management.
- Competent in Management Information Systems and Communication Technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MANAGERIAL / SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report to the DVC-ARE and will be responsible for all Academic Affairs matters of the University.
- Supervision, Coaching and Mentoring of staff in Academic Registry Department.
- Provide secretariat services to standing committees of the Council and University Senate Board.
- Custodian of records in the Department.
- Patron of the Students Alumni Association.
- Ensure effective coordination and implementation of University academic affairs.
- Formulate and implement the strategic plan for the division.
- Ensure effective administrative systems in line with University best practices.
- Formulate, Plan and control the budget for the Department
- Overall control of the Student Management Information System.
- Provide secretariat services in the University Senate and Committees.
- Oversee the Student Disciplinary process and provide secretariat services.
- Circulate Senate Resolutions.
- Clear students to vie for student elections.
- Oversee the Alumni relations and activities.
- Spearhead and supervise the admission and examination process.
- Facilitate the issuance of student certificates and transcripts.
- Provide secretariat to student orientation and graduation.
- Coordinate marketing of academic programmes.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the University
- Authority from time to time.
TENURE OF OFFICE
The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of five (5) years with the possibility of a further and final term of five (5) years subject to performance and a positive appraisal by the University Council.
- Must possess Certificate of Secondary Education.
- Must possess Bachelor Degree in Law.
- Must Possess Post Grade Diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law
- Admission to the roll of Advocate
- Must have at least three (3) years working experience as Legal Officer III at
- Grade 9N orcomparable position
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court.
- Must be registered with LSK
- Must be Computer literate.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and schedule meetings.
- Take minutes in meetings
- Draft letters on behalf of the legal officer
- Conduct case research
- Review University’s policies and regulations
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
How to Apply
- Application should include an up-to date Curriculum Vitae (CV), providing details of age, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, current designation andsalary, email address, telephone, name and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, a copy of National Identification Card, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
- Candidates with foreign Academic Qualifications MUST submit a Certificate of Recognition from the Commission for University Education (CUE).
- Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert shall not be considered.
- Only successful candidates shall be required to provide valid clearance certificates from the following Bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Registered Credit Reference Bureau.
- Vice Chancellor
- Technical University of Mombasa
- P.O Box 90820-80100
1011 total views, 1 today