Full-Time Jobs at Pulse (2 Positions)
Pulse is Kenya’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Kenya’s young audience – and providing expansive media reach and creative marketing solutions to our partners
The presenter is a full-time position we’re hiring in our Nairobi office. The role will report to the Head of Pulse TV, Kenya.
Duties and responsibilities
- Act as an on-air personality for any Pulse TV shows both pre-recorded and live as required;
- Create and produce original video content for Pulse and Pulse clients;
- Act as Video Journalist(VJ) for Pulse events;
- Find, invite, and host personalities for shows and interviews.
- Consistently look to improve content formats produce and presented by yourself as well as the formats produced by the broader Pulse Live team.
- Collaborate and brainstorm with all creative divisions of Pulse Live on new formats, scripting, monetisation and content ideas.
- Train and work with the entire Pulse Live team to grow the performance and standard of presenting across Pulse Live.
- Actively work with sales to gain sponsorship of Pulse Live shows and increase the revenue of Pulse Live.
- Be a passionate, creative and collaborative member of the Pulse Live team willing to go the extra mile to achieve both personal and team goals and KPIs.
Skills that would make a candidate successful in this role
- Knowledge of media production and communication.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- The ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure.
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- Active listening skills.
- The ability to use your initiative.
- To be flexible and open to change.
- Concentration skills.
- Video editing skills will be an added advantage.
- NB: Candidates should attach a 1-minute video of self-introduction
We are looking for Senior Digital Strategists to join our teams in Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya and Senegal who will drive revenue growth for Pulse by developing and pitching winning creative digital strategies for clients to solve their business challenges and aid them in achieving their marketing goals and objectives. Our Senior Digital Strategists drive commercial opportunities among top brands across Africa and beyond by prospecting, nurturing leads and networking with customers and client-side decision-makers to close deals.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifying prospective clients and developing connections with decision-makers.
- Analysing prospective clients’ digital footprint to develop digital & content strategies for their businesses.
- Conduct pitches and presentations to persuade potential customers that Pulse is the preferred partner to meet their corporate goals.
- Work with the Account Management team to ensure services sold are delivered to clients with the goal of maximizing client retention.
- Perform inbound lead follow up in a timely manner to ensure a healthy sales pipeline.
- Ensure that the defined sales process is followed at all times.
- Achieve a monthly sales revenue target.
- Ensure all activity is recorded in the CRM to ensure full visibility into the sales pipeline.
- Contribute to learning sessions and knowledge sharing within the Sales team and other teams.
- Represent Pulse at events and serve as a brand ambassador.
- Communicate effectively to all team members and maintain strong, trusting relationships with all internal collaborators.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends, industry issues and solutions and suggest improvements and innovations to help Pulse and our clients and partners maintain a competitive edge.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in sales or business development – Digital/ Creative/ Media/ Marketing/ Advertising industries preferred.
- A creative thinker who can connect 360° digital to all aspects of a client’s business and drive growth opportunities.
- Good understanding of digital marketing – a professional qualification is desirable.
- Excellent networking skills and a demonstrated ability in key client/partner relationship management
- An entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Zoho CRM is desirable.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover email explaining why you’re a great fit for this role to: email@example.com
827 total views, 1 today