Full-Time Human Resource & Administration Jobs
Job Ref No.: KLDC/006/2019
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Forecasting and planning on human resource needs of the Council.
- Initiating best practices in the management of human resource function.
- Championing change management programmes in the Council.
- Managing succession plans of the Council.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of training and development programmes.
- Leading the Council in formulating and implementing efficient Performance Management Systems.
- Formulating and reviewing administrative policies, strategies, procedures and systems.
- Managing service contracts and service level agreements for outsourced services.
- Forecasting Council’s needs for equipment, security and cleaning services.
- Overseeing the process of acquiring new service providers related to all outsourced services falling under administration section.
- Coordinating renewal of general insurance covers for vehicles, buildings and equipment.
- Ensuring efficient provision of transport, security and cleaning services in the Council.
- Safeguarding the Council’s assets.
- Facilitating Board and staff functions.
- Facilitating travel clearance, visas and other necessary travel documents for the Board of Directors and all staff travelling out of the Country on official duties.
- Initiating the identification and acquisition of the Council’s assets for repair, maintenance and disposal.
- Developing budget plans for Administration section.
- Overseeing the provision of efficient records management and information services in the Council.
- Coordinating the preparation of periodic progress reports.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must: –
- Have a minimum period of ten (10) years relevant work experience, at least three (3) of which should be in a management position in the Public Service or Private Sector.
- Have a Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Public Administration, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Industrial Relations or its qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Public Administration, Business Administration or its qualifications from a recognized institution and Diploma in any of the following disciplines:- Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Industrial Relations, Business Administration or any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Possession of a Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Public Administration, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Industrial Relations or its qualifications from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- Have a certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Be a Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management.
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Demonstrate competence in work performance.
How to ApplyInterested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following: Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) Suitably qualified candidates are advised to download and complete the Candidates’ Profile and Application Form (from the ‘Vacancies’ section at www.leathercouncil.go.ke) indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching certified copies of academic certificates and professional qualifications and National ID. Hand-delivered application can also be dropped at the Council’s Reception Desk located at CPA Centre, 5th Floor, Thika Road, next to KCA University.
1116 total views, 1 today