Internship Graphic Designer Internships
Graphic Designer Internships, Current Internships 2020, IOM Internships
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the UN Migration Agency. With 173 member states it is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. Established in 1951 and now active in over 400 field locations worldwide, IOM works with partners, government and civil society to:
- Assist in meeting the operational challenges of migration and mobility
- Advance understanding of migration issues
- Encourage social and economic development through migration; and
- Uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants and mobile populations.
- IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- IOM’s Regional Office for the East and Horn of Africa supports and monitors the following countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. Through a team of specialists, the Regional Office supports the development, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of projects and initiatives undertaken by country offices and regional programmes.
- East & Horn of Africa is host to 6.5 million migrants, with more than 6 million internally displaced persons (IDPs) and more than 3 million refugees and asylum-seekers. Migration in the region is due to a combination of insecurity and conflict, climatic conditions, public heath emergencies, socio-economic factors, and traditional seasonal and livelihood factors. East & Horn of Africa remains an important region for shaping the global narrative around migrants and migration
- As part of IOM RO Nairobi’s strategic media and communications vision for the region, there is need to recruit a Graphic Design Intern, to maximise the many visibility opportunities presented by social and digital media, to position the region in the global migration conversation, and help towards furthering the strategic objectives of IOM in East & Horn of Africa, by mobilising the power of social media.
- The Media and Communications Unit at the regional level serves as a reference point for media and communications focal persons at country level across the region. It undertakes regional external public information activities and supports country missions to raise awareness of IOM’s and its visibility at the regional and global levels. It works to promote IOM and its activities in the region with the media, with governments, international organizations, civil society, the private sector, high profile influencers, and other partners. The Unit serves to provide guidance, advice and support on all media and public information issues to all country missions in the region It is responsible for media relations. It is responsible for producing a variety of other public information materials. The candidate will focus on the branding and graphics requirements of the aforementioned activities.
- Under the overall supervision of the Regional Director for East and Horn Africa, and the direct supervision of the Regional Public Information Officer, the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Produce quality visibility material for RO Nairobi
- Produce graphs, charts, illustrative maps, diagrams, icons, and graphics aligned with visual identity charts and elements;
- Layout reports, info sheets and other publication materials;
- Assist in design and implementation of templates such as brochures, event materials, info sheets, presentations and situation report and convert them to other publishing software (Publisher, Word);
- Contribute to web and social media content development, internally and externally;
- Assist in developing web design mock-ups for internal and external platforms;
- Prepare “ready for production” files in line with print and web best practices;
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioral competencies
- Inclusion & respect for diversity• Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences Delivering results• Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgement in meeting day-to-day challenges
Integrity & transparency
- Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct
- Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results
Managing & sharing knowledge
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate
- Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication
- Works effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with stakeholders and colleagues
Education and Experience
- University degree or specialized college diploma (MPA) in graphic design;
- One (1) year of working experience;
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative software (Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop);
- Proficiency in MS Office Publisher, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent knowledge of English and French required, both written and spoken.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Swahili and other African languages spoken in the region beneficial
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Position Title and Vacancy Number with three professional referees, and their contacts (both email and telephone) to International Organization for Migration (IOM), RO Human Resources Department, via e-mail:
- CLOSING DATE: 9 June 2020
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
429 total views, 1 today