Internship Driver Jobs (8 Positions)
Vacancy No. CGHR/298/06/22
This job exists to facilitate movement of goods, research materials, study participants clients or staff from one point to another as authorised to enhance research activities and smooth running of
operations in the organization in achievement of its objectives.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade of D+ or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Five (5) years of Commercial driving experience, including one- year experience operating four-wheel drive vehicles.
- Valid Driving License free from any current endorsements and valid for any of the classes of vehicles which the officer is required to drive.
- Defensive Driving Certificate from Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Passed the Suitability Test for Drivers Grade from the Ministry of Roads and Public Works.
- Passed the Suitability Test for Drivers Grade III
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- Knowledge of relevant Legislation-National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) rules.
- Proficiency in computer application.
- Fulfilling the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
Desirable qualities, skills and abilities:
- Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Transport research materials, study participants and members of staff from one location to another for efficiency in meeting the project or Institute objectives and achieve the set time lines.
- Ensure the security and safety of goods and passengers during transit to avoid loss, damage and maintain the integrity of materials being transported.
- Carry out routine checks of assigned vehicle to ensure proper maintenance in terms of cleanliness and report effects or malfunctions for proper management and further action
- Maintain an up to date work ticket through proper recording of the mileage, destination and time for accountability and control of the movement of vehicle assigned
- Report any incidents or accidents to the relevant authorities to inform further action.
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current CV with contact telephone numbers and e-mail address
- Three Reference Letters
- Copies of Certificates and transcripts
How to ApplyApplications should include the following:
- Letter of Application indicating the field of study
- Current resume or CV with names and contact information (telephone and e-mail address)
- Copies of Certificates and transcripts.
- Certificate of good conduct
1046 total views, 1 today