Full-Time Content Developer Jobs
Instructional Content Developer Jobs, Communications Jobs February 2021
Position: Instructional Content Developer
Location: This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: our Learning Experience Lead in San Francisco.
Looking for an opportunity to stretch your creative muscles and put your multilingual abilities to use? As a member of the Orientation, Implementation and Training (OIT) team, you will be responsible for creating and translating engaging instructional content that will clearly explain the functionality of the Angaza platform in ways that meet the distinctive learning needs of our global partner base. You are passionate about user-centered design, and enjoy distilling complex technical concepts into simple, accessible instructions. Success in this role requires strong writing and graphic skills, technical savvy, and an eagerness to facilitate partner success through guided learning and discovery. This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and reports to our Learning Experience Lead in San Francisco.
- Employ best practices in user-centered instructional design to develop multimedia content for the global user base of an evolving technical platform and Android application, including: interactive Learning Management System (LMS) modules, help center articles, videos, screenshots and diagrams, etc.
- Establish localization strategy and procedures for instructional materials, including subtitling and dubbing videos and translation of written materials
- Collaborate with colleagues to collectively establish a distinct and cohesive visual style, voice, and branding for Angaza instructional materials
- Work cross-functionally to contribute to the development of a broader learning framework for Angaza distributors
- Collect and analyze feedback from learners to understand learning needs and optimize learning material
- Embody a learning mindset by continually cultivating expertise of all Angaza platform features
- Collaborate with product teams to stay aware of new feature releases and effectively educate users on their use
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience; ideally in developing training content for technical products and/or for a global user base
- Technical mastery of content production and design software
- Interest in instructional design or education, and experience developing content for Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Fluency in Portuguese, French or Spanish (sufficient to create written and audio content) strongly preferred
- 1+ year of translation/localization experience preferred
- Detail-oriented with exemplary follow-through and organizational skills
- Degree(s) in relevant field
- Previous startup experience a plus
- Exemplify Angaza’s key values: impact-driven, empathetic, courageous, trustworthy, curious, and collaborative
How to ApplyThis position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. Angaza’s offices are currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but applicants should expect to work in-office once it is safe to do so. Angaza is headquartered in San Francisco, so Kenyan candidates should expect their day to likely run a bit later than normal business hours. Send us your contact details and résumé using the form linked here. We are requiring all applicants to submit work samples supporting their candidacy. Examples could include SCORM LMS modules, help articles, video tutorials, lesson plans, training manuals, product documentation, etc. All applicants are also required to fill out the work eligibility and salary information questions. We look at every single person. We’ll get back to you upon the review of your submission(s).
676 total views, 1 today