Full-Time Career Opportunities at Kenya United Nations (2 Positions)
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UN Environment’s Science Division is responsible for analyzing the state of the global environment, providing early warning information and assessing global and regional environmental trends to catalyze and promote international cooperation and action on the environment.
Programme Management NGO
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience4 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit Project Management
The post is located in the Science Division, UNEP Live,Technology and Innovation Unit within the Country Outreach, Technology and Innovation Branch (COTI), at the Nairobi duty station.
Under the day-to-day supervision of the Head, UNEP Live, Technology and Innovation Unit, and the overall guidance of the Chief, Country Outreach, Technology and Innovation Branch (COTI), the incumbent will function to deliver scientific environmental data and indicators to support both environmental assessments and reporting at national, regional and global levels, and early warning of emerging environmental issues and trends.Manage all aspects of assigned projects related to implementing network services for environmental data, information and indicators based on gee-referenced, spatial and statistical data.
- Assist the Senior Programme Officer and the Chief of the COTI Branch to prepare project funding proposals, programme budget submissions, progress reports, financial statements,
- Participate in project preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation ensuring delivery of outputs according to project objectives, existing policies and aligning resources behind results, in the context of Result Based Management.
- Establish and conduct technical meetings to promote and extend Science Division’s work with clients of its science data and information products and services (Lead Divisions, thematic Coordinators and other partners) in close coordination with Science Division’s partnering centres and networks such as the GRID network.
- Review relevant documents and reports in early warning of environmental emerging issues, environmental data/information and indicators and provide sound substantive inputs; research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse scientific and technical sources; organize and draft background papers, provide substantive inputs to publications, etc., in a clear and professional manner.
- Supervise staff delivery of spatial data analysis and presentation of products and services, ensuring the on-line availability of Programme – relevant spatial data-sets and databases as components of the “One UN Environment Data and Indicators Platform”.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in physical or natural sciences, information technology or related areas. A first-level university degree with relevant combination of academic and professional qualifications may be accepted in lieu of the Advanced degree.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of working experience in environmental data and information management (including spatial), project or programme formulation, management and implementation, reporting, assessments and early warning at national/regional levels – of which at least three years are at the international level is required.
- Knowledge of environmental issues and technical networking acquired through work with expert institutions and organisations is desirable. Track record or working in multicultural environments.
Finance & Budget Officer
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UN Environment’s Ecosystems Division works with international and national partners, providing technical assistance and advisory services for the implementation of environmental policy, and strengthening the environmental management capacity of developing countries and countries with economies in transition Under the direct supervision of the Senior Fund Programme Management Officer, in the Operation Support Unit.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in accounting, business administration, finance or related fields is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant and progressively responsible work experience in finance, budget or related area is required.
- Three years of experience in management of public funding, grant management and interaction with public sector institutions in an international context is required. Experience with complex data analysis, reconciliations and reporting would be highly desirable.
- Working experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system such as SAP is an advantage.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to ApplyUse the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
1620 total views, 2 today