Full-Time Budgeting Assistant Jobs
- Analyse annual priorities in CIDP and County Fiscal Paper for inclusion in the Programme Based Budget.
- Prepare the County Budget Review and Outlook Paper (CBROP) for review by the Economic Planning & Budgeting Director and onward submission to the County Executive.
- Assist the Economic Planning & Budgeting Director in preparation of the relevant draft bill such as the Appropriation Bill.
- Coordinate the preparation of County Budget estimates and supplementary budgets by departments and consolidate the County Budgets.
- Undertake review of existing systems, propose necessary improvements and ensure they are implemented effectively.
- Design and put in place appropriate budgetary controls and ensure they are adhered to.
- Design Internal Management Budget reporting tools and monitoring reporting compliance by all departments.
- Organize staff training workshop on budget issues.
- Provide leadership of budget team under him/her.
- Advise the Director on emerging budget management matters within the County Government System.
- Assist the Director in developing new Budget Policies and access weakness and risks of existing Budget Policies.
- Liaise with department in charge of HR and establish budget capacity gaps among county staff and Organize periodic in-house trainings.
- Perform any other official duties that may be assigned by the Economic Planning and Budgeting Director.
For appointment to this position, one MUST:
- Have a relevant working experience of five (5) years in the Budget field;
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Economics, Statistics, Economics and Mathematics, Economics and Finance or Economics and Statistics from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Economics (Policy Management, Econometrics, Public Finance, Project Planning and management, Philosophy in Economics, Public Policy, Economics of Development or Rural Economics from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Have attended a Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from Kenya School of Government;
- Be in possession of a Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated professional competence and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results
How to ApplyQualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill a job application form provided on our website: www.tanariver.go.ke/vacancies attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and other relevant testimonials to: The Board Secretary/CEO County Public Service Board of Tana River P.O. Box 181 – 70101 HOLA All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before Monday 18th March, 2019. All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution. Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. The County Government of Tana River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and persons living with disabilities (PDWs) are encouraged to apply.
861 total views, 3 today