Full-Time Deputy Librarian Jobs
- Must have PhD in Library and Information Sciences or its equivalent qualification from a recognized University.
- Ten (10) years working experience in a well-established and automated library/information center five (5) of which must have been in a senior position comparable to senior Librarian I.
- Valid membership to a professional society/association (KLA, LA, ALA);
- Meet the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Must have a Certificate in Strategic Leadership course lasting not less than six weeks from a recognized institution.
- Responsible Management of staff in the Library.
- Coordinating library activities and services in campuses
- Performance appraisal of library staff,
- Coordination of Income Generation activities in the Library.
- Evaluation of library services stocktaking and weeding.
- Planning coordinating and control of service delivery processes in the library.
- Ensure acquisitions processes.
- Statistical analysis and reporting.
- Information training and instruction.
- Implementation of policies.
- Ensure Information Skills Instruction and User Education.
- Maintenance of library inventor.
- Maintenance of library equipment and facilities.
How to ApplyAll applicants must satisfy the Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya by getting clearances from the following bodies: Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); Commission for University Education (CUE); and Current Certificate of Good Conduct from the National Police Service (NPS). The deadline for receiving applications for all the positions advertised is 30th November, 2020. The reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated and three (3) copies of the Application addressed and sent to: The Principal, Bomet University College, P.O Box 701-20400, BOMET. Bomet University College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons having difficulties in performing activities of daily life and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. Below are the details of the positions as advertised on the daily newspaper dated 10th November, 2020. 1. CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE JOB ADVERT THAT APPEARED ON THE DAILY NEWSPAPER DATED 10TH NOVEMBER, 2020. 2. CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTIONS OF THE ADVERTISED POSITIONS.
848 total views, 1 today