Full-Time Workshop Manager Jobs
Workshop Manager Job at Alternate Doors
Our client is an auto garage currently looking to hire a Workshop Manager
The Workshop Manager directs and coordinates activities of all departments and aids the Managing Director in the day to day running of the Company by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers:
Workshop Manager Job Responsibilities
The Workshop Manager shall oversee the day to day running of the activities of the workshop by performing the following duties:
- Controlling and coordinating all workshop activities
- Approving estimates and quotations
- Customer service
- Attend to assessors and carry out re-inspections with them.
- Ensuring general cleanliness and tidiness of the workshop
- Assisting with technical problems as necessary
- Drawing work and maintenance schedules (timeline chart)
- Ensuring control or workshop discipline and the details of working conditions
- Checking workshop actual performance against expected standards.
- In charge of workshop standards.
- Increase management’s effectiveness by:
- recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling and correcting managers
- communicating values, strategies, and objectives
- assigning accountabilities
- planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- developing incentives
- developing a climate for offering information and opinions
- providing educational opportunities.
- Accomplish subsidiary objectives by:
- establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements;
- allocating resources; reviewing progress;
- Continuous performance evaluation
- making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinate efforts by:
- establishing procurement, production, marketing, and technical services policies and practices;
- coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Ensuring flow of operations between and within branches
- Build company image by:
- collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees;
- enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Requirements for the Workshop Manager
- Higher National Diploma in Automotive Engineering
- Must have at least 5 years working experience in a managerial position in the Automotive Industry
Other Skills and Competences:
- Must have an eye for details
- Must be good at decision making
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical skills
How to ApplyAll job applications can be made by sending an email of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of th email being the job they wish to apply for.
772 total views, 2 today