Full-Time TV Reporter Jobs
Royal Media Services Limited wishes to recruit a suitably qualified individual to the position of a TV Reporter. He/she will be required to source, generate, package and present the news. He/she will report to the News Editor-TV
TV Reporter Job Responsibilities
- Generating ideas for news stories and news features
- Following leads on news from sources;
- Generating news idea;
- Researching and compiling relevant information into credible TV news stories.;
- Writing scripts for bulletins;
- Selecting appropriate locations, pictures and sound and exercising judgment on the best story angle;
- Identifying necessary resources and deploying/managing field assignments crews;
- Providing input, advising crews on what to film or record;
- Using appropriate equipment to record and edit for news;
- Preparing and presenting material ‘on air’ for both pre-recorded and live pieces;
- Identifying potential interviewees, briefing them, preparing interview questions and conducting both live and recorded interviews;
- Preparing timings for each news item and monitoring these during broadcast;
- Developing and maintaining useful contacts and relations with news sources;
- Understanding and complying with media law and industry codes of conduct.
Qualifications for the TV Reporter Job
- Degree in journalism, mass communications or any other related field OR
- Degree in social science and post-graduate training in journalism or mass communication
- A Post Graduate Degree in Journalism
- At least two years relevant experience in a busy newsroom in a media house covering all aspects of news planning, gathering, editing and airing.
- Excellent written and spoken English and/or Swahili. Capacity for bilingual reporting (English/Swahili) will be an added advantage
- An edge for news or features, ability for quick thinking, persistence, personal initiative and a good memory
- Sound knowledge of the local and international social, political and economic news-shaping environment
- A clear communicating voice
- Ability to report accurately and impartially.
- Ability to work for long hours and on short notice
- Willingness to work for long hours and on short notice
- Willingness to travel locally and abroad including to difficult and dangerous locations in line of duty
How to ApplyIf you are interested and qualified, please email your CV, Application Letter to email@example.com by 6th October, 2017 clearly indicating on the subject, JOB REF NO HRD/TVR/09/2017. Quoting the REF on the subject Example JOB REF NO HRD/TVR/09/2017 The letter should be addressed to; THE HR DIRECTOR ROYAL MEDIA SERVICES PO BOX 7468-00300 NAIROBI Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
720 total views, 1 today