Full-Time Technical Officer Jobs – HTS (4 Positions)
LVCT Health is an indigenous Kenyan non-governmental and not-for-profit organization established in 2001. We are driving Kenya towards HIV prevention, with an ultimate goal of reducing HIV infections to zero.
Technical Officers – HTS (4 Posts)
REPORTING TO: Deputy Chief of Party
LOCATION: Coast Region
The Technical Officer – HTS will be responsible for providing technical support, regular mentorship and support supervision to HTS providers and ensuring that project targets are achieved while ascertaining quality at all HTS delivery points. The technical officer will liaise with the project technical lead and facility in-charges to support delivery of quality HTS.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To provide technical support and quality HIV services at all HTS delivery points.
- Together with other program team members, organise meetings to review HTS performance and make the necessary recommendations.
- Engage in county & sub-county policy forums to ensure the USAID Stawisha Pwani agenda is mainstreamed in the local government activities.
- Support development and implementation of strategies for HTS.
- Develop work plans and targets in collaboration with relevant teams and ensure implementation of work plan is adhered to.
- Ensure presence and effective use of guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and data tools in the facilities.
- Working with the commodities technical officer, ensure that the HTS commodities are available in the facilities.
- Supervise and follow up to ensure the highest standards and targets are achieved and maintained within the program.
- Identify capacity gaps and conduct mentorship and capacity development of counsellors’ and HTS counsellors.
- Ensure all HTS providers are qualified and that they undergo periodic quality assurance through proficiency testing (PT) and observed practice as per national guidelines.
- Support facilities in effective documentation, data quality and use for decision making.
- Document and disseminate program work achievement work through abstracts, papers, newsletters and other approved platforms.
- Provide feedback to the deputy chief of party on issues that require to be addressed for effective performance of HTS providers.
- Submit monthly, quarterly and other regular HTS reports for inclusion in the program technical report to USAID.
- Diploma in nursing, laboratory technology and/or other relevant health science with additional certification as a HTS provider, with at least 7-years post qualification experience, at least 3 of which was gained in technical assistance in implementing donor HIV programs with demonstrable success in achievement of targets.
- A valid professional certificate and practice license is mandatory.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with a cover letter expressing interest indicating Salary history and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position applied for and reference number as the subject. Applications should reach us NOT later than 26th July 2021 Note; Qualified Internal candidates are encouraged to apply. LVCT Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. LVCT Health DOES NOT charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process, neither does it ask for information on applicants' Bank Accounts.
170 total views, 3 today