Full-Time Researcher & Discussion Programmes Jobs
Under the guidance of a senior Journalist / Editorial Lead, the post holder is expected to gather information and updates, as well as selecting stories and sources which provide unique insights to users.
- An excellent level of spoken and written English. Swahili or another African language is also desirable.
- Understanding of what audiences are looking for in digital and social media content.
- Editorial judgment and the ability to spot a story
- Ability to communicate effectively and to present complex information and ideas clearly and concisely
- An interest in African news, current affairs and discussion content.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to embrace new ways of working and new technology to find and analyse information and produce content and an ability to share/communicate what you know, or have learnt, to others in the team
- Ability to understand and identify the needs of discussions audiences
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding user groups and target markets
- Expertise in the collection, processing, analysis and visualisation of data (possibly including basic programming skills)
- Experience as a journalist
- Content creation, video shooting/editing skills or broadcast experience
- A thorough knowledge of all the requirements of the BBC’s editorial policy
How to ApplyApply here for the Researcher, Discussion Programmes Job
739 total views, 1 today