Full-Time Research & Design Lead Jobs
Organization: ChildFund International
Closing date: 03 May 2019
Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya. Our mission is to timely, effectively and innovatively deliver humanitarian services with respect, in solidarity and accountability to our stakeholders, our communities and affected populations.
KRCS is seeking a qualified person for the position of Research & Design Lead for an anticipated 5-year USAID Food For Peace (FFP) Development Food Security Activities (DFSA) in Kenya. The project focuses on sustainably reducing levels of acute malnutrition in Kenya’s arid and semi-arid lands (ASALs), in Isiolo, Marsabit, Samburu and Turkana counties. The project will be implemented in two phases, from October 2019 to September 2025; (1) Phase 1 will focus on researching, testing approaches and collaboratively designing a context-sensitive, multi-sectoral activity to sustainably reduce acute malnutrition; and (2) Phase 2 will focus on activity implementation and system and institutional strengthening to manage nutrition interventions. KRCS will be putting in an application in response to the FFP DFSA request for applications in collaboration with other consortium partners.
Position Title: Research & Design Lead
Reporting to: Chief Of Party
Job Location: Nairobi
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, The Research and Design Lead, will provide technical leadership to formative research activities, refinement of the Theory of Change, and development of a locally adapted programmatic approach to reducing acute malnutrition. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the appropriateness and rigor of research methods, overseeing data collection and analysis, and ensuring research results are useful and applicable for making program design decisions
- Provide technical leadership to formative research activities, refinement of the ToC, and development of a locally adapted programmatic approach to reducing acute malnutrition
- Responsible for ensuring the appropriateness and rigor of research methods, overseeing data collection and analysis, and ensuring research results are useful and applicable for making program design decisions, particularly to inform the Phase 2 transition plan
- Ensure (1) that Phase 1 research and pilot findings are incorporated into sound programmatic design
- Ensure that program quality standards and rigor are adhered to
- Coordination and collaboration with research staff, the Technical Steering Committee, and other GoK and USAID stakeholders and partners
- The Research and Design Lead will work closely with the CLA and M&E Leads to ensure intentional learning and knowledge application throughout all phases of this activity
• Should have an in-depth understanding of applicable research methods and project design
• Proven leadership skills managing projects of a similar size and scope in developing countries
• Strong management and interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Strong mentoring and facilitation skills
• Ability to network and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders Experience working in low resource environments.
• Demonstrated experience in adaptive management and learning techniques is highly encouraged
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence and interface with senior members of the business/Society
• Self-motivation and strong team spirit
• Ability to effectively handle and manage interpersonal conflict.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• A PHD or master’s degree in relevant field – nutrition, food security
• Technical expertise in a relevant field and minimum of 5 years of field experience in research, design, and evaluation is desired
How to ApplyApplication Procedure Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to email@example.com or drop their applications addressed as below, so as to reach us not later than Friday, 3rd May 2019; The Secretary General Kenya Red Cross Society P.O. Box 40712-00100, Nairobi NB: Please note that applications shall be reviewed on a rolling basis until Friday 3rd May 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
768 total views, 1 today