Full-Time Research Assistant Jobs (2 Positions)
No of Positions: 2
Reports to: Community Coordinator
Duration: 6 Months Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 2 months is a probation period
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Community Health & Development, Social Work, Counselling Psychology or any other relevant health and social science fields
- Training in HTS with NASCOP certification.
- Post qualification experience in conducting field research using questionnaires, interviews will be added advantage
- Experience in community and home-based HIV testing and Counselling is added advantage
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to ride a motorbike is an added advantage (with a valid Driving License)
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes Required:
- Ability to communicate effectively both and in writing verbally in Luo, English and Kiswahili
- Natural ability to multitask, problem solve and work with others to resolve challenges
- Must be keen and attentive to details and have ability to follow instructions and procedures properly.
- Must be non-judgmental and flexible to mix with all cadres of people in the community
- Must have good interpersonal skills, flexible and a team player.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure green card/blue card data are entered into electronic database (Open MRS, Clinic data works &NCD)
- Pull and submit pre-programmed reports from open MRS on a weekly basis.
- Support in correction of frequent data errors identified by data coordinator
- Manage calendar of appointments under supervision of study clinician
- Accurate and prompt study documentation
- Tracking and tracing of study participants in their respective homes or places of convenience for home-based study interventions
- Filing and maintaining study documents as patient files in CCC
- Ensuring proper documentation on all the study CRFs as well as the MOH forms and registers
- Other duties as assigned by the data coordinator.
How to ApplyApplications should include the following:
- A cover letter stating current position and date available to start working for the program
- A current CV including email and mobile phone contact
- Name and phone number for two professional referees
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
633 total views, 2 today