Full-Time Purchasing Officer Jobs
Our client is currently looking for a looking for a Purchasing Officer to buy products that are essential for the company’s day-to-day operations. He/she will review prices and quality and ensure optimal stock levels.
Purchasing Officer Responsibilities include evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs.) For this role, he/she should have good knowledge of market research, along with solid analytical skills to make sure you’re identifying the most profitable offers.
Ultimately, create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure merchandise is high quality and delivered on time.
- Research potential vendors
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Review quality of purchased products
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends
- Maintain strong working relationships with our vendors
- Review purchasing agreements with vendors and maintain open lines of communications with those vendors
- Develop an active process for measuring supply inventory and determining purchasing needs based on quarterly and annual numbers
- Stay up to date with industry trends and establish long-term purchasing arrangements with vendors when it is beneficial to the company
- Compare product deliveries with issued purchase orders and contact vendors when there are discrepancies
- Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer, Purchasing Agent or similar role
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Hands-on experience with a purchasing software (e.g. Procurify or SpendMap)
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Negotiation skills
- BSc in Logistics, Business Commerce/Administration and a background in IT will be an added advantage
- Able to create and administer a task priority list based on company needs
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
How to ApplyAll job applications can be made by sending an email of their CV to email@example.com with the subject of the email being the job they wish to apply for.
929 total views, 1 today