Full-Time Operations Director Jobs
Our Client a number one online shopping solution provider and provides 100% authentic products, with the best price and offers the most convenient shopping experience is looking to fill the position of an Operations Director and we are thus hunting for exceptional talent for the role
The individual will be responsible for all core operations within East Africa. Both directly and indirectly, the Operations Director is responsible for managing one of the largest and most diverse teams within the East African operation.
This includes a central and distributed headquarters team that supports and monitors the academies’ operations and designs all the processes and systems that are critical to the success of each and every academy.
The Operations Director is ultimately responsible for the critical performance of our entire network of 350+ schools across Kenya and Uganda. This includes operations, supply chain, IT, internal audit, and retail. You will be responsible for ensuring every school operates effectively.
That school staff are supported, provided with the correct tech assets and supplies. That the school facilities are maintained. That revenue is collected effectively, that uniform, school feeding and other programmes are running well. That instructional delivery runs effectively. This is a high-impact role for someone who loves taking on challenges in large scale – we employ 5,000+ employees across East Africa.
Operations Director Job Responsibilities
- General management of the warehouse operations and strategic planning on activities to provide feasible solutions to challenges that may arise while involving yourself in practical work on the floor on receiving, arranging and dispatching of materials.
- Responsible for all operational performance indicators of our academies, including but not limited to:
- improving adherence and compliance to existing systems and processes
- Striving for operational excellence in a resource-constrained environment
- Continually iterating and improving systems o cost of headquarters support per pupil educational outcomes as measured by academic testing programme
- Learn, reinvent, optimize and manage every aspect of the operations of a Bridge International Academy and the necessary headquarters support, from classroom instruction to latrine-cleaning to customer care.
- Create highly-structured, insightful processes, systems and recommendations with a data-driven approach; and, alongside senior executives, critique and modify the operational components of the Bridge model.
- Do or lead every job in the entire academy operations and support to some extent. No job is too big or too small.
- Manage a diverse support team including customer care, quality assurance, IT, programme managers, procurement, warehousing and logistics.
Qualifications for the Operations Director Job
- At least 8+ years of post-undergraduate, full time work experience
- Work experience managing a multi-unit retail environment
- Work experience developing and managing a culture of total focus on customer satisfaction
- Work experience drastically improving the productivity and reducing cost of a product or service
- Work experience managing and coordinating several teams to deliver on a tight schedule
- Work experience in emerging markets
- Record of building data-driven operational systems
- Record of strong academic performance from a leading undergraduate and, if attended, graduate institution
- Work experience, preferably in operations, as an employee at any company that has rapidly grown in headcount and number of locations, e.g., large scale retail
- Work experience in a highly political industry, where ideological conflict is common and strategy, ingenuity, negotiation and persuasion are necessary for success
- Experience of management consulting a plus
- Strong communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one—on—one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Proven ability to use basic mathematical skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
How to ApplyIf you believe you are qualified and ready to take on new challenges, then we want to talk to you urgently. Please send your application to us right away at email@example.com and include your current and expected remuneration Kindly note only qualified candidates will be contacted.
916 total views, 2 today