Full-Time Medical Radiologist Jobs (2 Positions)
Purpose Of The Job
Reporting to the Senior Medical Radiologist, the Medical Radiologist I job exists to provide radiology and imaging services to patients in the hospital, provide clinical research and training in radiology and advise the hospital and the public on the same at KUTRRH.
- Generate medical information and review patient medical history in order to guide and inform of the appropriate diagnosis procedures in the radiology unit of the hospital.
- Receive patients referred from other medical units for radiologic and imaging diagnosis and schedule them for the respective radiology and imaging examinations in the hospital.
- Perform or interpret diagnostic imaging procedures including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computer tomography (CT) scans, positron emission tomography (PET), nuclear cardiology treadmill studies, mammography, or ultrasound in the hospital.
- Prepare comprehensive interpretive reports of findings and communicate examination results or diagnostic information to referring physicians, patients and families in the hospital.
- Provide advanced radiology and imaging services in order to diagnose complex or complicated medical conditions among patients in the hospital.
- Examine patients to establish their fit and suitability for administration of imaging and radiology examinations in the hospital.
- Provide counseling to radiology and imaging patients to explain the processes, risks, benefits, or alternative treatments in the hospital.
- Perform interventional procedures such as image-guided biopsy, percutaneous transluminal angioplasty, trans-hepatic biliary drainage, and nephrostomy catheter placement in the hospital.
- Administer radiopaque substances by injection, orally, or as enemas to render internal structures and organs visible on x-ray films or fluoroscopic screens in the hospital.
- Formulate, enforce and ensure radio safety standards and procedures and duly implemented and followed in the radiology and imaging unit of the hospital.
- Develop or monitor procedures to ensure adequate quality control of radiology and imaging services in the hospital.
- Ensure that radiology and imaging machines, equipment and tools are in good working condition and inform biomedical engineering department of the same for timely and quality imaging services delivery in the hospital.
- Provide clinical research and training to students in the radiology unit of the hospital
- Mentor and guide junior radiology staff, interns and students in the radiology unit of the hospital.
Minimum level of academic qualifications required to perform effectively in the role:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized institution
- Master of Medicine in Radiology from a recognized institution.
Minimum level of knowledge required for the job:
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional standards
- Proven track record of clinical research and training in a reputable institution
Professional qualifications required to effectively perform in the role:
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Valid Practice License
- Professional Insurance Indemnity Cover
Soft skills required for the job:
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Observation skills
- Team player
Relevant Work Experience Required
Minimum number of years of experience the jobholder is required to have to be appointed to the position:
- At least three years’ working experience as Medical Radiologist I in reputable hospital.
How to ApplyIf your background and competencies match the specifications of any of these posts, please send your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form Download the Job Job Application Form. ONLY via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Or hard copies can be addressed to: The Chief Executive Officer Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO Nairobi Kenya The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Monday 5th August 2019
774 total views, 1 today