Full-Time Logistics & Inventory Specialist Jobs
Logistics & Inventory Specialist Job at Stratostaff EA Ltd
Our client, one of the world’s leading energy and power technology provider is seeking to bring on board a Logistics & Inventory Specialist for a fixed term contract of three (3) months.
The role holder will be responsible for managing the day to day customs clearance, warehousing, Inventory and local transportation meeting the short-term objectives resolving issues related to the operations through immediate action or short-term planning. He/ She will be responsible as well for maintaining the KPI’s/ Metrics meeting the customer requirement assuring that the company policy and international trade compliance regulations are adhered to.
Logistics & Inventory Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Continuous internal communication with direct line manager and the key stakeholders.
- Maintain and control the tools and dashboards for metric visibility and communication.
- Proactive process ownership for import pre-shipment documentation, i.e. Pharmacy Poisons Board permit, Certificate of Conformity (CoC), IDF etc.
- Full follow up with Freight Forwarders to initiate shipment pick-up at origin(s) and tracking of same.
- Analysis of the local customs clearance, warehousing, & transportation spend and tie to the financial ledger.
- Coordinating and communicating shipment delivery requirements with freight forwarders, Customs Brokers, and warehouse service providers.
- Responsible for timely, accurate and complete record keeping.
- Support standardization of transportation processes from the warehouse(s) to the end customers.
- Working cross-functionally with sourcing, operations, supply chain and finance to identify improvement opportunities and implement successful changes.
- Manages the inventory in the 3PL warehouse.
- Responsible for conducting timely cycle counts and physical inventory in time assuring KPI’s are met, driving inventory integrity.
- Support warehousing optimization/Lean projects.
Quality Specific Goals
- Aware of and comply with the organization’s Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Proficient knowledge, understanding and leadership for International Trade Compliance, identify report and resolve any trade compliance issues.
- Proficient knowledge understands and leadership for operating within security programs such as SIMBA, and KENTRADE single window system to ensure that customs clearance, warehousing, packaging and transportation requirements are met.
Qualifications for the Logistics & Inventory Specialist Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Engineering or Supply Chain and 2 years of experience working in logistics, engineering, or supply chain management; OR Diploma in Clearing, Forwarding and Practical warehousing, 5 years of work experience in logistics, warehouse, engineering, or supply chain management.
- Experience in logistics or supply chain modeling & simulation.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, global team environment.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of time.
- Excellent project management, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to energize, develop and influence at all levels within an organization.
- Creates energy to deliver company goals through creation and comprehensive communication of practical “hands-on” operational plans and strategies.
- Solid communication and analytical skills, including experience with communicating with others from different countries and cultures.
How to ApplyIf you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 03rd July 2018. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. Stratostaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer
735 total views, 1 today