Full-Time Legal Officer Jobs
- Must be a holder of an LLB from a recognized institution with a postgraduate diploma in law from Kenya School of Law.
- Must have at least three (3) years relevant work experience
- Be computer literate.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Current Law Practicing Certificate CPS (K)
- Display litigation skills, research skills, legal administrative skills and must pay attention to details.
- Provide expert and effective legal advice to the University College.
- Serve regularly on various standing University Committee, ad hoc working groups and talk forces as a legal expert to take care of all legal necessities in framing of policies for the institution.
- Prepare budget estimates for the legal office for consideration and allocation of funds to facilitate the operation of the office.
- Supervise and regularly monitor the contesting cases in courts for the institution to ensure they are run with objectivity.
- Take custody of all legal instruments of the University College and ensure they are readily available for reference at all times and when necessary.
- Provide authoritative legal advice and consultancy to the University College, its staff and students on a range of general issues to ensure that everything is done within the law and the interest of the University College is safeguarded at all times.
- Support the University College administration in the development, application and review of the College’s regulations, policies and procedures which involve legal considerations to ensure that no human rights are violated at any time.
- Regularly draft, update and review contracts and other legal documentation and to develop standard form legal wherever possible to ensure all clauses have no compromise.
- Coordinate the University College’s regular dealings with external firms, and ensure that the University benefits from cost-effective legal advice and work.
- Manage the periodic tendering process for the appointment of the University
- College’s external legal advisors to ensure it is done properly and objectively.
- Represent the University College in all types of suits, criminal or civil witness, or attest or commission documents on behalf of the Universi pguard the interest of the University at all times.
- Attend and advise on all disciplinary cases both for st their rights are not infringed and are given a fair hearing
- Provide guidance to the Council on their duties and res of governance.
- Ensuring the timely preparation and circulation of Board and Committee papers; Ensuring timely circulation of Council and Committee minutes; Be custodian of the seal of the organization and account to the Council for its use; Ensuring that the Council members are aware of all relevant laws affecting the organization
- Facilitate effective communication between the organization and the shareholders
- Ensuring that annual returns are promptly filed with the relevant authorities and
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
How to ApplyTen (10) copies of applications should be submitted together with an updated Curriculum Vitae giving details of the applicant; age, marital status, academic and professional qualification, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, email address, names and referees plus copies of the certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied should be dearly indicated. All applications be addressed to; The Principal Tom Mboya University College P.O. BOX 199 – 40300 HOMA-BAY So as to reach not later than Friday 18th October, 2019. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address. The referees should write and send their recommendations, under sealed envelopes before the advert deadline. N/B: Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Tom Mboya University College is an equal opportunity employer and therefore applicants of persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
1085 total views, 1 today