Full-Time Jobs at United Nations Office at Nairobi (3 Positions)
United Nations and regional organizations; provides administrative and other support services to the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat); provides joint and common services to other organizations of the United Nations system in Kenya.
- Location; Nairobi
PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of procurement policies, processes and procedures and of purchasing and accounting techniques. The ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making. Knowledge of financial rules and regulations and ability to research and gather information from a variety of standard sources and to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment
to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Completion of High school diploma or equivalent is required. Supplementary courses or additional training in procurement functions is highly desirable. The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) Level 4 or equivalent certification is desirable.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST. The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement or related area is required.
- Experience working with a Systems, Application and Products (SAP) system is required.
- Work experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is desirable.
- One (1 ) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
- Location; Nairobi
Responsibilities will include.
- Providing professional life guarding services to United Nations Recreation Centre members and or guests. The life guard works towards creating excellence in the Fitness Centre reporting directly to the Head Instructor
- Maintaining constant surveillance of members in the swimming pool; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of members in the event of emergency.
- Providing first aid care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Always presenting a professional appearance and attitude and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performing various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Provide professional swimming activities that include coaching, teaching classes and program design to United Nations Recreation Centre members and or guests.
- Carrying out swimming lessons for both members and non-members.
- Double-checking that the administrative assistants at the reception reserve swimming lesson bookings correctly.
- Promoting swimming lessons to both members and non-members for purposes of increasing sales.
- Recording all the services rendered to members for purposes of accountability.
- Have a client database or profile in his/her record.
- Advice clients on swimming related matters.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High School Certificate/Diploma is required.
- Certificate/Diploma in lifeguarding and swimming instructor or related qualifications is required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a reputable organization / setting offering fitness or related services is required.
- CPR/first aid Certified is required.
Fluency in oral and written English required.
- Location; Nairobi
Responsibilities will include;
- Identify the members’ fitness level and health
- Oversee completion of exercise routines
- Track members’ physical progress
- Modify exercise plans based on needs, potential injuries, or health issues
- Conduct individual and group fitness training sessions
- Adopt a holistic training approach (e.g., cardiovascular exercise, strength)
- Oversee the use of fitness equipment to ensure clients exercise properly and safely
- Handle nutrition and health-related questions
- Refer to and promote fitness packages and plans
- Carry out First Aid and CPR if needed
- Follow safety and hygiene guidelines
- Any other duties as instructed by management
- High School Certificate is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience from a reputable organization/setting is required.
- Thorough knowledge of fitness as a service, fitness products and equipment is required.
- Certificate in fitness from ACE, ITEC or related qualifications is required.
- Proven experience of CPR and First Aid is desirable.
Fluency in oral and written English is required.
How to ApplyUse the link(s) below to apply on company website.
624 total views, 1 today