Full-Time Jobs at M-KOPA Solar (2 Positions)
M-KOPA’s mission is to make high quality energy affordable to everyone. OUR GROWTH SO FAR… M-KOPA has connected more than 400,000 homes in Kenya,Tanzania and Uganda to solar power with over 550 new homes being added every day.
- Location Nairobi
- At M-KOPA we deploy multiple times per day, and you will be empowered to drive the architecture of our new fleet of microservices. We use predominantly C# written against the latest .NET stack, and favour microservices hosted on Azure using Kubernetes for all new implementations. We are constantly iterating towards a completely decoupled, event driven architecture across our entire software portfolio.
- These are fully remote roles, within the following time zone (UTC -1 / UTC+3). Our engineers work remotely from locations such as UK, Europe and Africa. You will be reporting to the group Engineering Manager.
- We have a mix of legacy services and greenfield microservices, so if you love the challenge of improving a legacy codebase while working on new projects, and if working remotely full time appeals, this might be a job for you.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a company where progress, and humility are valued as highly as technical excellence?
- Where we use the latest technologies and architectures to build fantastic customer experiences with a socially and environmentally conscious mission that echoes throughout the organisation.
- Our expectations are that you would be comfortable working as part of a team which owns the entire software stack, including the supporting infrastructure, throughout the entire software lifecycle from inception, through production and right the way to decommissioning under a DevOps culture. If you also value the constraints that continuous delivery places upon engineering processes and embrace testing and observability as first order concerns in the development of software, you probably have what it takes to join the team and shape our future.
- Location Nairobi
- We’re looking for a strategy manager M-KOPA’s Customer Retention team to drive strategic initiatives and high-priority projects.
Responsibilities: You’ll be expected to…
- Conduct research, develop analyses, and build commercial & financial models to develop and implement M-KOPA’s strategy for customer retention and growing customer lifetime value. This could include product, sales channel, marketing, and pricing strategies; determining resource requirements and prioritizing investments; and building 3-5-year business plans.
- Support strategic growth areas for Customer Retention, including via customer segmentation analysis, market and economic analysis, partner landscaping, competitor benchmarking, business case development, and running pilots/experiments.
- Develop effective performance metrics and dashboards, coordinating with product and data teams to define and measure KPIs.
- Identify and scope opportunities to improve operations, processes, efficiency, and performance on the Customer Retention team.
- Act as a bridge between product and operating teams to ensure excellent training and adoption of software, systems, and tools.
You Might be A Good Fit If You…
- Are passionate about our mission of making everyday essentials accessible to everyone.
- Have 3-5 years of work experience in strategy, business operations, management consulting, investing, product management, or comparable roles.
- Are strong analytically and have significant experience with Excel modeling and making data-driven decisions.
- Love solving open-ended business problems, from identifying the problem that needs to be solved through developing actionable recommendations and driving implementation.
- Are a collaborator with a low ego.
- Thrive in fast-moving environments and have a sense of urgency to get the job done.
- Are results-focused and a self-starter.
- Have emerging markets experience (particularly in East, West, or Southern Africa).
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
How to ApplyUse the link(s) below to apply on company website.
44 total views, 2 today