Full-Time Job Vacancies at Citi (3 Positions)
Citibank N.A. Kenya has been operating in Kenya since 1974 and has two branches in Nairobi and Mombasa, serving Corporate and Institutional clients. Citibank Kenya is the regional hub for the Citi East Africa cluster, which covers Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia.
ROLE CAN BE BASED FROM DUBAI, NAIROBI OR MOSCOW
ICG Risk Analysis (IRAUs) deliver best-in-class credit risk analysis, monitoring and credit administration as a partner to ICG Risk and Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory’s (BCMA) shared commitment to ensuring the safety and soundness of wholesale lending across ICG.
The Region Head for the Emerging Markets in EMEA (EM EMEA) sets the strategy for and is accountable for the execution of risk analysis in the EM EMEA markets including Russia, Ukraine, Turkey, Middle-East, and Africa including through setting the direction for and leading the IRAU analyst teams in region, while establishing a strong relationship with Risk and Banking partners for covered portfolios.
As a Region Head, this role reports directly to the Global Head of ICG Risk Analysis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountability for ensuring risk analysis of applicable portfolio is consistent with industry leading practices and conforms to all internal credit procedures/policies, and all related regulatory expectations
- Direct Management of Portfolio Managers in the Regional IRAUs
- Continuous engagement with BCMA and Independent Risk senior stakeholders in the EM EMEA markets to so as to understand any concerns regarding execution of risk analysis and/or emerging risks which will need to be addressed by the team
- Coordinate with the Global Head of Risk Analysis, the Head of IRAU Transformation & Core Operations, the IRAU Controls & Monitoring group, and the other IRAU Region Heads as appropriate to address and escalate emerging risk concerns and to share best practices
- Ensure ongoing and timely feedback and coaching of IRAU Team Leaders and other site heads of other facilities in the region as applicable to sustain a strong credit culture and an unwavering commitment to excellence in analysis and execution
- Partnership with regional and industry stakeholders in BCMA and Independent Risk in the design of credit assessment and monitoring standards for applicable portfolios
- Attract, develop and retain top quality staff including as regards active engagement with regional on-campus recruiting efforts to ensure a robust pipeline of talent
- Support Global Head of Risk Analysis and Head of IRAU Transformation & Core Operations on internal projects and initiatives
- Support IRAU Voice of the Employee (VOE) initiatives
- Travel (less than 10%)
- Demonstrable financial services experience including 10+ years of credit experience in banking or credit risk management
- Fully conversant in credit policy matters
- Ability to work at senior levels and build constructive and effective relationships with peers
- Ability to recognize emerging risks
- Strategic orientation so as to ensure the IRAU continues to be positioned as a thoughtful and proactive partner to BCMA and Independent Risk Management on driving best practices in risk analysis to support safety and soundness in the EM EMEA markets
- Senior Credit Officer initial is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and exert influence with and without direct authority
- Demonstrated success as a manager including a track record of building high performing teams
- Advanced analytical skills, with the ability to identify root causes and trends and anticipate horizon issues
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills including experience with the internal ICG Templates and with financial modeling
- BA/BSc or higher degree in Business (MBA), Finance or any other related subject
Create and execute the TTS strategy for the Public Sector in SSA.
- The digital policy reforms, infrastructure visions and wider emphasis on citizenship engagement, has proven there is a tremendous opportunity to grow the Public Sector business in SSA.
- Citi is looking for a highly motivated individual responsible for leading the regional TTS Public Sector sales growth strategy, origination focus and advisory across Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Working with TTS Global/Regional TTS Solution Sales Specials and Product Sales consultants, the TTS Public Sector sales head position will drive revenue realisation, retention, cross sell expansion and attrition management.
- Responsible for driving deals through completion to ensure ramp-up of new revenue expected, retention of existing revenue and to manage, report and execute-on any further attrition across the PS client portfolio.
- Act as the client advocate in managing the Citi network countries to ensure best-practice sharing, client satisfaction and wider product relevance and commercialisation against specific and growing trends of the PS.
Drive Revenue Realisation through Cross Sell and partnership with TTS Business Units.
- Utilising the agreed TTS scorecard goals, establish monthly origination, wins, pipeline, and revenue growth KPI’s across SSA against the agreed target market coverage names.
- Create account plans against Citi’s 11 SSA markets detailing wallet sizing opportunity, revenue ramp-up analysis, revenue attrition forecasts, and a calling plan together with relationship teams and local CCO-level contacts.
- Ensure consistent, professional delivery of all TTS sales management disciplines including: call reports, lead generation, pipeline management, implementation acceleration, plus TTS relationship reviews.
- Develop deep understanding of Public Sector specific segments (Central Banks, Ministry of Finance, etc) in each country, leading to a robust grasp on the competitive environment.
- Improve SSA’s specific marketing material for Public Sector clients, leveraging regional industry themes, landscape regulatory changes, solution packages used elsewhere as best-practice and wider advisory.
- Showcase monthly revenue analysis, preparing summaries and forecasts communicating findings to TTS Sector Heads, Relationship Management teams and relevant TTS partners.
Generate Citi’s response to the changing expectations and priorities of Governments.
- Ensure alignment, understanding and wider response commercialisation to the changing priorities of Governments across SSA including, but not limited to, the following:
- ICT Investment – assist with information access, data monitoring, visibility, cyber protection.
- Digital Policy Adoption – automation, reconciliation, real-time connectivity, and infrastructure upgrades.
- Increased Accountability – financial integration, corporate best-practice share, treasury future-proofing.
- Digital Identification – collaborate with global Citi teams leveraging best-practice from other regions.
- Deepen Citizen Engagement – link TTS-tools to citizen service scalability, regulations for a digital economy
- Diversify revenue income – new stream exploration, new markets (AFCFTA), and easier tax payments.
- Regulatory advancements – sharing insight, regulatory reform, socialise key decision effectiveness.
- Procurement priorities – maximise new objectives with supplier management, for supply-chain finance opp’s
- Utilise Capacity Building (Training, Cyber Resilience) and Consultation (Best Practices, Innovation) as a tool for origination through market-sharing insight (events, webinars).
- Ability to connect and align Governments with different ecosystems, socialise Citi’s last mile payments and collections strategy and access alternate networks.
Concentrate on Current and Evolving Sub-Sectors of the Government
- Aligning to Citi’s target market criteria, develop a strategic approach concentrating on the following:
- – Ministries, SOE and Govt Agencies
- – Pension Funds
- – Infrastructure / Govt Intervention
- – Central Treasury Departments
- – Development Banks
- – Revenue Collection Agencies
- Central Bank coverage will continue under Citi’s Financial Institution (FI) division and the Donor / Non-Profit coverage will continue under the Citi Global Subsidiaries Group division.
- Create more alignment to limited interaction with local governments – especially Pension Funds – where specific countries have not been able to show significant growth.
Develop new digital-impact strategy against developing themes:
- Digital Reform – help to address the legal, policy and regulatory bottlenecks limiting the development of the digital economy and economic value. Create value through understanding and advisory best- – – -practice.
- Digital Investment – explore the TTS role in wider Smart-strategies, align on all Government Visions and Digital Policies, alignment on Government-to-citizen engagement, and integrate with Cyber Security concerns.
- Digital Collaboration – assist with Private Sector partnerships and idea exploration, utilize the Citi network with Development Agencies, push to liaise better with the U.S. agencies investing and collaborating across SSA.
- Stronger alignment to Citi’s Innovation-Focus (including Innovation Labs) through network alignment, best-practice sharing, product deep-dive reviews and investment opportunities.
- Focus on emerging ESG-related themes with Governments and impact-investing, align on core strategies for inclusive finance and collaborate with relevant agencies to explore where TTS can be more participatory.
Drive the Service Quality Process at the client level
- Be the client advocate to ensure client issues are addressed promptly working with partners in client delivery and operations and utilise client forums such as Client-at-Risk and Deal-at-Risk to facilitate resolution where necessary.
- Be responsible for driving superior TTS client satisfaction, providing client feedback on product, process and service needs to the wider TTS partnership tracking accountability and change where needed.
- Take ownership, lead and track specific customer issues/problems including pricing and billing issues and work with the customer and internal departments until issues are resolved.
- Responsible for driving quality, compliant presentations and RFP-responses across PS SSA
- 10+ years of African Government or Government-related experience, advisory or collaboration.
- Experience preference with Ministry of Finance and Treasury departments.
- Must have strategic transformation and planning experience, preferably with digital policy development.
- Familiarity with Public Sector organisational construct, engagement and landscape in SSA.
- Experience with a geographically dispersed and complex matrix organisation.
- Proven experience in delivering results and meeting/exceeding sales targets.
- Risk assessment/credit experience (preferred) and analysis of product metrics and balance sheets is positive.
- Proven interaction / credibility with seniors within organisation (e.g. Govt Officials, CFO, Directors).
- Experience with presentation standards, RFP-responses, proposals, persuasive marketing.
- English and French fluency preferred
- Public speaking and persuasive writing to multiple people / groups is required.
- Knows how to “leverage the network” and interact professionally with colleagues from all divisions.
- Strong and demonstrated, communication, influence and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of cash management and trade products (vanilla/complex);
- “Can do” attitude, dynamic, high energy levels with strong initiative.
- Committed, trusted team player with the ability to interact with Relationship Managers, Unit Heads, Operational hubs, Credit Chain, EMEA coverage/sales teams.
- Self-starter, Adaptable, Team player.
- Proven ability to deliver and exceed on stretch goals.
- Multi-cultural exposure.
- Motivating team members.
- Knows how to leverage a global organisation
- Minimum – University Degree;
- Treasury certifications preferable;
- Graduate or post graduate studies in public policy / development
The Mkt Seg & Svcs Lead Specialist is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- Work closely with Technology, Operations and Coverage teams to drive timely, cost effective and high-quality delivery of strategically aligned product solutions
- Partner with Finance to evaluate investments in product development, and monitor and control billing/revenue, expenditure, and benefits realization
- Work closely with global and regional product teams to develop and refine the strategy of product solutions, go to market approach, and delivery model.
- Work with Product control functions to ensure that all relevant documentation (eg Product Approval Program) and processes are strictly adhered to and part of the management fabric of the product business
- Coordinate planning and other related activities for launching of new capabilities and functionalities across technology, operations, implementations,and regional teams
- Work closely with the Coverage teams, and core product teams to ensure that demands of the clients are well understood
- Develop an action plan to address VOC (Voice of the Client) feedback. Partner with cross-functional and coverage teams to execute
- Invest time to keep track of Competition, Market Trends, New Technologies
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in electronic banking channels with good knowledge of corporate banking practices in the cash management space; Exposure to and understanding of business analysis, data and system analysis
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct work efforts, meet deadlines, take initiative, and produce consistent high-quality work; Willingness to be a direct contributor and ability to multi-task
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
How to ApplyUse the link(s) below to apply on company website.
516 total views, 2 today