Full-Time Job Openings at Standard Bank (3 Positions)
Standard Bank Group is the largest African banking group by assets offering a full range of banking and related financial services. “Africa is our home, we drive her growth” Our vision is to be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value.
Provide a consistently high quality frontline transaction service to customers encompassing the cashing of cheques and other items, acceptance of deposits and the provision of change. Understand the risks associated with the control and handling of cash and maintain effective controls to manage these risks. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Provide Cash and cheque services to customers:
- Serve Customers by attending to cheque encashment, withdrawals and deposits according to laid down procedures.
- Guard against fraudulent transactions by subjecting to UV light all cheque deposit, all cheque withdrawals and identity documents.
- Ensure that all items cashed are within laid-down limits and refer all transactions exceeding limits to the appropriate area for confirmation and authorisation.
- Ensure that items cashed are technically correct and signed, according to customers mandates to avoid losses that may arise as a result of disputes.
- Check audit trails to ensure all entries are correctly passed and confirm the same by signing the indemnity form.
- Understand the risks associated with the control and handling of cash and maintain effective controls to manage these risks. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards
- First level customer interface and interaction for queries, receipt of instructions/ requests and direction to appropriate desk where required.
- Number of losses
- Teller differences
- Turnaround time per transaction
- Overall customer service ratings
- Control Daily cash received and paid out
- Adhere to all laid-down policies and procedures regarding the handling, locking away and security of cash/assets to avoid losses.
- Ensure cash holdings are kept within prescribed limits at all times.
- Balance cash daily and report any differences promptly.
- Measures of success:
- Overall cash differences
- Daily cash holdings within the limits
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- First Degree: Finance and Accounting
- Minimum of C+ mean grade at KCSE or Division II at O level
- Minimum of grade C in Mathematics, English or Kiswahili
To provide a support function to the VAF Business Development Manager and Head of Department in the attainment of the VAF business growth objectives and for an assigned portfolio
- Sales management
- Ensure inflow of new VAF/IPF business in line with set targets i.e. (new to bank clients, used vehicles and transaction of less than Kes10M).
- Ensure growth of the VAF/IPF book within agreed targets. (Drawdowns of not less than Kes20M per month)
- Ensure growth of interest and non-interest income as per targets.
- Regular visits (supported by Call Reports) to Customers and allocated Branches and the used motor dealers.
- Training the Sales staff in allocated dealerships of our VAF processes and resolve bottlenecks to business.
- Liaising with allocated Branches to maximise VAF/IPF sales mainly to the new to bank clients and used vehicles.
- Periodic reports on VAF/IPF performance / figures.
- Attend the branch meetings for branch allocated and ensure to update the VAF activity for new to bank clients and used vehicles
- Develop VAF/IPF business opportunities by maintaining a leads list, following up / pursuing leads.
- Conduct visits to potential i.e. ‘new to bank’ customers with a view to increasing/ maximising on VAF/IPF drawdown’s and cross selling.
- Liaise with VAF/IPF Business Support to ensure TAT on processing of applications within agreed timelines and smooth drawdowns on approvals to attain 90% conversion rate.
- Follow up on VAF/IPF applications to ensure that customers’/Dealers/brokers’ requirements have been met.
- Clearly understand sales targets set for self and unit.
- Identify and nurture gatekeepers and centre of influence in Motor Dealerships / branches / insurance companies to increase our market share.
- Conducting training sessions to ensure that Group staff understand the VAF / IPF product.
- Collecting Market information on product, competition, pricing etc
- Keep abreast of industry practices, legislation, and current regulatory developments
- Risk management
- Identify and manage business risks from both a customer and bank perspective by ensuring that appropriate control mechanisms are in place to minimize risk exposure.
- Responsible for the adoption within Vehicle and Asset Finance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of PEP on-boarding and continued business engagement in instances where no adverse information is available.
Key Perfomance Measures
- New business targets met and exceeded (drawdown’s)
- Quality growth in market share.
- Leads followed up quickly and converted into actual sales.
- Acquiring of new high value, quality relationships.
- Retention of satisfied and well informed customers.
- Adherence to laid down procedures, policies as well as credit and legal requirements.
- High sales closure rate.
- Development of a strong referral network.
- Cost-efficient and professional customer service provided by efficient query/complaint resolution and an effective calling programme.
- Problem solving
- By understanding the VAF/IPF product end to end, knowledge is applied in the resolving issues with the Customers, Motor Dealers, VAF PFC, Debt Management etc.
- Resourceful, able to find practical ways of generating new business opportunities, translate these opportunities, targets and plans into day to day activity scheduling
- Plan sales activities to meet and exceed targets.
- Formulate action plans – set goals, standards and priorities.
- Decision making
- To advise customers, the ability to objectively assess their financial requirements in line with our lending policy is needed.
- Monitor and respond to changes in the operating environment to ensure that customer’s needs are met.
- Quick to identify and act upon potential sales opportunities.
- Able to take the initiative within limits of authority.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in any field
- Previous sales experience in a bank will be an added advantage
- Real Estate is a sub unit within Engineering department that is primarily responsible for maintenance of the Bank’s premises.
- Develop, implement and drive the Facilities and Logistics function in order to enable the achievement of the country’s overall business strategy and goals; ensure alignment with the Bank’s central Group Real Estate Services
- Facilitate accountability for the management and delivery of all in-country facilities and logistics functions and services; ensure that all functions and services meet the in-country business requirements.
- Strategic Deliverables
- Customer, Business Partner & Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Ensure that the Facilities and Property Management team is effective and efficient in delivering practical, timeous and cost effective services that meet business needs and enable improved business performance
- As a Facilities and Property Management team member identify, implement and monitor all key GRES related metrics and performance measures across their teams; including the delivery and monitoring of SLA’s (internal and external providers) and the collation of key statistics and associated reporting
- Implements service level agreements (SLA’s) with the various customers through understanding of requirements and service level expectations to ensure that the GRES function continues to meet and exceed the customers’ expectations
- Investigates customers’ complaints and satisfaction levels with the GRES offerings through continuous interaction with various customers to ensure high service levels by GRES function
- Ensure that the impacts of Facilities and Property Management GRES related changes are communicated effectively to all stakeholders and the associated risks are mitigated in a timeous and holistic manner
- Energy Management
- Identify, recommend, and promote energy conservation sustainability initiatives and practices throughout the company, involving Energy committee, appropriate staff and departments in key strategies and goals.
- Lead initiatives in design and construction practices and energy, recycling, waste reduction in all production processes (energy per ton production)
- Recommend and assists in the facilitation and implementation of changes and improvements.
- Plan, regulate and monitor the energy use in the company aim to improve efficiency by evaluating energy use and putting in place new policies and changes where needed.
- Developing alternative cheaper energy technology sources that are sustainable.
- Promoting energy conservation schemes
- Producing specifications, estimates, drawings, feasibility studies and work schedules on energy related capital expenditure.
- Analyzing the company Energy data and collating information
- maintaining accurate records.
- Writing energy saving plans and reports.
- Organizing Energy committee meetings and events.
- Undertaking energy surveys/site inspections.
- Keeping up to date with changes in legislation and initiatives, including ERC energy performance directives.
- Promoting energy conservation awareness via events such as presentations, workshops and conservation projects.
- Benchmarking energy consumptions against best practice guidelines.
- Design management – Electro mechanical, services
- Researching and analyzing client’s goals and requirements that outline client’s needs (brief) with the aid of the designer i.e. developing the design documents, drawings and diagrams for services.
- Study the formulated and prepared plans [Electrical & mechanical, services], details and specifications with a view to ensuring that the Banks’ needs are accommodated in all the processes involved.
- Study and confirm the selected designers’ specified concepts are conveyed in all
- materials to be used as well as functionality, environmental and safety requirements.
- With the help of the lead consultant, coordinate and collaborate with allied design professionals who provide additional consulting services for the design project, including, but not limited to, mechanical engineers and electrical engineers, in addition to various specialty consultants retained for the design project.
- Maintenance & Repairs
- Oversee the installations, servicing, repair and maintenance of;
- Electricals equipment; (generators, switch gear, Voltage stabilizer, Power Factor Bank, UPS, Isolating transformers)
- HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) for branches and head office.
- Electricity connection – ensuring that wiring in every branch is properly done and the bank has electricity connected (both KPLC and generator, and change over switches
- Assist in Maintenance of Head Office plumping systems
- Head Office domestic water pumps and water meter connection(borehole & Booster Pumps)
- Head Office Firefighting systems( Sprinkler electrical & Diesel pumps, Horse reels pump & Jockey Pump)
- Other Duties
- Assist in observing and report information about the progress and completion of the design project, in addition to conducting and preparing the post-occupancy evaluation and reports on behalf of the client and the consultants.
- Bills of material – estimates costing
- Check the priced Bills of Quantities (BQ) for accuracy to ensure that the Contractor has made no serious errors which could cause complications at later stage.
- Keeping the Client, Designer and other consultants informed on the running cost of the project.
- Assist the Designer in discussions with the Builder, and other consultants on the extra contractual costs with a view to taking care of the Banks’ interests.
- Quarterly visits to physical Channel to ensure business is hosted in safe /healthy/sound working environment
- Operational Performance:
- Reduce sundry spend to below agreed organisational objectives (Industry best practice).
- Design, cost, implement and manage projects across all phases of the project life-cycle; translate user requirements into practical property solutions and manage projects in terms of quality, timing and cost
- Facilities management which includes the following;
- o Provision of support staff and services
- o Management of the warehouse including stock, fixed assets and records
- o Fleet management including bank owned and leased cars as well as the fuel reservoir
- o Management of all the bank equipment and machines that are supported and maintained by the Operations department
- o Quarterly visits to branches with a view to establish branch vendor support levels and come up with necessary proposed changes to enhance business happiness.
- Develops and implements tactical initiatives to reduce cost and ensures that budgets for Facilities and Property Management are met
- Ensures that throughput is maximised throughout GRES by implementing principles of Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and strategic sourcing principles
- Report on actual expenditure against budget, including variance reporting and providing commentary on variances when necessary
- Ensures effective, efficient and optimal utilisation of all resources (human and capital) to be responsive to competitive pressures, changing market conditions, client needs and business strategies.
- Service provider evaluation and review, to enable compliance to SLA
- Compliance with the security and access standards in respect of the
- facilities and logistics premises
- Proactively and regularly report critical and exceptional Facilities and Logistics related information to the Senior Manager GRES & GPS, as well as to the Head of Operations
- Ensure that quality assurance processes are implemented, and the monitoring of quality assurance is carried out across all in-country Facilities and Logistics services
- Ensure that plans are efficiently implemented within approved budgets and timelines.
- Quality control to ensure value for money.
- Responsible for the implementation and adoption within (indicate Department, Branch, or Section as appropriate) of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of customers including those that require being subjected to Enhanced Due Diligence for on-boarding and continued business.
- Compliance to regulatory requirements governing banking and GRES practices.
- Ensures alignment to the Customer Value Propositions, Service Level Agreements and benchmark targets through constant monitoring and evaluation of GRES’ performance to ensure a high-level of service for our customers
- Collaborates with other areas to ensure that best practices and a standard approach is followed
- Provides accurate and timeous MIS.
- Identifies appropriate formal and occupational (informal) training needs and courses (internal/external) to develop oneself.
- Up-Skills oneself regarding new products and procedures through attendance of workshops/presentations and reading of internal and external communications
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- A Degree Electrical, Production or Mechanical Engineering.
- Good understanding of the banking industry.
- Certification or Training in facilities management.
- Certification or Training in OHS management.
- A minimum of 5 years doing similar works or in a similar position in the banking industry.
- Budgeting and planning skills
- Risk identification and assessment skills
- Negotiation skills
- Managing and planning projects
- Ability to analyse trends and make forecasts
- Contract management
- Ability to analyse trends and produce forecasts
How to ApplyUse the link(s) below to apply on company website.
553 total views, 2 today