Full-Time Job Openings at Ital Global (2 Positions)
We are a comprehensive Human Capital Consultancy firm dedicated to helping organizations just like yours with their HR activities and work.
We are seeking a versatile Farm Supervisor/ Agronomist to supervise and manage a startup farm in Ol Kalou. The person will possess the experience, qualifications, passion and vision to build a diverse and sustainable horticulture farming operation.
- Develop a strong business plan and strategy for the farm
- Oversee day to day farm operations, including all aspects of horticulture and general farming.
- Ability to set up and farm with green houses effectively.
- Develop all year round effective tilling, planting, cultivation, harvesting and storage techniques and advising farm owner accordingly/.
- Managing all on-farm activities including planning of all seeding, nursery, growing and harvesting, sorting, packaging, pruning, pest control, record keeping.
- Develop and implement practices that ensure optimal returns through maintaining economic and environmental viability.
- Prepare and maintain proper farm records & accounts.
- Assist in marketing and business operations
- Establish procedures and structures based on experience and advising on best practices
- Establish a farm consumer shop
- Planning and preparing the finance reports, setting up budget limit for various farm activities, and maintaining the farm activities in agreement with the budgeted parameter.
- Monitoring the health and safety measures undertaken by the farm, keeping track of the health and safety of workers and other staff, maintaining environmental biodiversity, and undertaking environmental protection activities if required.
- Recruitment of farm hands
- Assign duties to staff, such as cultivation, irrigation, harvesting, pruning, packaging, grading, and equipment maintenance.
- Supervise the general care of crops
- Post-harvest processing including storage and packaging in preparation for sale.
- Establishing good markets for the farm produce including getting suitable contract farming
- Ensure that farm activities comply with government regulations.
- Coordinate & direct the preparation of farm budget & escalate for approval.
- Diploma in Horticulture Farming and or agronomy with 3 years’ field experience in Horticulture.
- A Certificate in the same field with 5 years’ field experience may be considered
- Experience in Herb Farming is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to improve yields
- Demonstrate knowledge in horticulture farming.
- Experience working in similar position in and around Ol Kalou is an added advantage.
- Willingness to train and supervise other farm staff.
- Good understanding of setting up and farming with green houses.
- Ability to establish relationship and harmony with local community
- Experience in Herb Farming is an added advantage.
Our Client is a leading non deposit taking Microfinance Institution located in Nairobi that offers credit facilities such as logbook loans, school Fees loans and asset finance at low-interest rates to SME’s.
- Achieve set sales targets
- Conducting market and industry research
- Conduct General business development and marketing activities
- Attend client meetings and effectively respond to client needs
- Selling of company products to potential and existing clients while meeting individual and group targets on a monthly basis.
- Preparing weekly marketing and activation plans on promotion of Company’s products and services.
- Create market awareness for the company’s products and services.
- Support client due diligence and client on-boarding
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients.
- Conduct Credit Analysis
- Identify sales prospects and follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Enhancement of customer service, ensuring all customer queries/complaints are conclusively resolved within required timelines.
- Follow up on updates of clients’ account statements etc
- Verification of a file and counter checking to ensure that all supporting documentation attached are sufficient to process a loan.
- Accurate and timely application of loans in the System.
- Ensure debt collection and recovery procedures are followed to the latter in accordance with the company risk policies and procedures.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Diploma or in Business Administration, Communication, Marketing, or any other related course
- 2 Years relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- Verifiable track record of performance success
- Understanding of Financial Statements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office i.e. MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc
Competencies and Skills Required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High and unquestionable Integrity
- Excellent Sales and Negotiation skills
- Planning, and organization skills
- Reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Team player
- Ability to multi task
- Strong Numerical and analytical skills
- Should be highly motivated and an aggressive sales person.
- Highly self-motivated and ambitious individual
- Positive attitude.
- Confident and capable of operating at all levels.
- Computer Literacy skill
How to ApplyInterested applicants should send their detailed CVs and cover letters quoting the job title as subject to reach us not later than 28th September 2021 to email@example.com stating the current pay and expected salary. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
378 total views, 1 today