ICT System Engineer Job at a well-established ICT company
Our client is a well-established ICT company dealing with office automation and systems integration solutions. They seek to a hire an experienced and qualified Senior Systems Engineer to provide hands on expertise in implementing and supporting the design and integration of Enterprise solutions and be a business enabler for enhancing Enterprise business growth for the organization.
Location – Nairobi
Salary – 250 – 300K
- Take charge of project implementations from initiation phase to sign off phase, work with the team in ensuring timely implementations of projects.
- Manage team in mentoring, coaching, guiding and motivation.
- Ensure error free implementations and based on industry’s best practices.
- Responsible for supporting customers by ensuring SLA Adherence.
- Prepares plan for the team on weekly basis and monitors the team closely to ensure smooth and timely implementations and service delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring high CSAT (Customer Satisfaction)
- Create career succession, progression, training plans for the team.
- Provide timely reports to immediate supervisor
- Attend Customer meetings and develop working relationship with all relevant partners such as HPE, Oracle, IBM, DellEMC, VMWare etc.
- Proactively or as advised attend internal and external trainings events to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Evaluate new products and assist with internal training as required; production of all supporting documentation, Technical and business design documents, Customer and in house Training documents.
- Provide effort estimation to Presales / Sales teams where required
- Identify new technologies which would help organization and customers and create Partner Ecosystem
- Work closely with the larger team and act as SME (Subject Matter Expert)
- Provide design assistance where required to Presales teams.
- Develop initiatives to resolve underlying issues that go beyond the immediate problem
- Takes steps to minimize risks
- Degree in ICT or related field of study
- MUST have Oracle, HPE, IBM, DellEMC, VMWare, Hitachi, RedHat Technical Certifications.
- Atleast 8 years’ hands on experience working with systems integrators.
- Maintain up to date Certifications in relevant technologies and be part of Specialization initiatives of the Organization by being certified in newer technologies or as the need be.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proactively shares knowledge and experience.
- Fosters a positive work environment.