Internship Human Resource Assistant Internships
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. We support programme implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Programme (UNHABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing Administrative, conference, Security and information services (www.unon.org).
The UNON Human Resource Assistant internship is for 6 months.
The Internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the supporting supervision of the Chief, Talent Development Centre and delegated Human Resources Assistant, the intern will:
- Provide support in the management of the Global internship programme.
- Maintain files, materials, information, schedules and related data.
- Support the onboarding and induction briefing for national and international interns assigned to UNON, UNEP & UN-Habitat.
- Assist the Hiring Managers with shortlisting suitable candidates and conducting eligibility checks
- Managing email correspondence from clients and applicants .
- Support in the preparation of contract extensions and/or renewal documents.
- Research and prepare various statistical and qualitative reports.
- Manage training rooms.
- Contribute to the work of the Talent Development Centre of the Human Resources Management Service.
- Assist in processing HR data analytics
- Assist in presenting reports using data visualization techniques and communicate results and ideas to key decision makers.
- Assist in Research and development of statistical data models for data Analysis
- Participate in meetings and performing any other support tasks as required.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Preferred Areas of Studies
- Human Resources Management, Administration or related field.
- Good knowledge and skills in spreadsheets or database management is desirable.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN Language is desirable.
- Potential candidates will be contacted by hiring manager directly for further consideration.
How to ApplyYour application for this internship must include: A Completed application (Personal History Profile) and Cover Note, through the UN careers Portal. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. The Cover Note must include: – Title of the degree you are currently pursuing – Graduation Date – IT skills and programmes you are proficient in – Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme, ensure to include all past work experience (if any). Proof of enrollment from current University (if not graduated). A copy of degree certificate (if you have already graduated). Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted. Click Here To Apply
764 total views, 1 today