Full-Time Finance Officer Jobs
BirdLife International is a global partnership of conservation organisations (NGOs) that strives to conserve birds, their habitats and global biodiversity, working with people towards sustainability in the use of natural resources. Together we are 121 BirdLife Partners worldwide – one per country or territory – and growing. We are driven by our belief that local people, working for nature in their own places but connected nationally and internationally through our global Partnership, are the key to sustaining all life on this planet.
- Location Nairobi
- The main responsibilities are to support the finance coordinator in effective financial management of the projects in the BirdLife Nairobi office by supporting in project donor reporting, compliance and supporting the partners in the financial management.
Support Financial Management and Reporting
- Processing of Monthly staff payroll and posting of related financial transactions on the system
- Leading the procurement process in the Nairobi office.
- Leading the project audit for projects implemented from the Nairobi office.
- Supporting the Institutional audit for Nairobi office
- Reviewing of partners financial reports for projects managed from the Nairobi office.
- Support contracting and disbursing of grants to partners.
- Preparation of donor project financial reports
- Preparation of quarterly Cash Forecasts, liaising with all departments on their cash needs within the set deadlines.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Posting of journals on the accounting system
- Reviewing payments requests for processing
- Perform variance analyses for projects and share with project managers to assist with decision-making and project management.
- Assist with budget preparation, supporting calls for proposals and review of grant applications.
- Support contracting and disbursing of grants.
- Review and advise on partners financial report.
Any other Duties as assigned by the Finance Coordinator.
Required skills, experience, and qualifications:
- University degree in Finance or Accounting, or business and Professional accounting certification, ACCA, CPA finalist with good knowledge of financial and program management principles and practices.
- Audit experience will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP systems) is an added advantage.
- Proven experience at similar level, in accountancy, financial management and administration, preferably in an international and multicultural work environment. Experience in an NGO is an added advantage. An excellent knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and good computer literacy in all standard Microsoft Office applications and social media
- Willingness to demonstrate resourcefulness, initiative, integrity, sense of confidentiality, astuteness, and the ability to identify problem areas and solve them effectively and efficiently.
- High motivation and desire to achieve, excellent attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- The ability to work to high standards within tight deadlines.
- Team worker. Ability to work in a multicultural team.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently.
- Willingness to travel at short notice when required (but not much travel foreseen)
How to ApplyInterested and qualified? Go to BirdLife International on www.birdlife.org to apply
36 total views, 7 today