Internship Finance Internships
It’s estimated there are 328,000 blind people in Kenya, with another 750,000 visually impaired. Cataract is the largest cause of avoidable blindness in the country, making up 43 per cent of all cases of blindness.
About the Position
The Finance intern will be exposed to a real industry experience from the academic learning gained in school. This internship is a six months’ program aiming to give a graduate real work experience, personal and professional development through on-job mentorship and coaching.
The Finance Intern will be exposed to processing supplier payments, preparing cash advances and staff refunds, filing both physical documents and soft copies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support in the processing of Mpesa transactions to participants ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Review of payment voucher for: Completeness of supporting documents including authorization/signing, Accuracy of the supporting documents/payments and acquittals, Stamping of payment vouchers with “paid stamp”, Attaching payment advice to all payment vouchers
- Creating of transactions in IPOS for review and submission by Finance Assistant
- Confirm all journal vouchers are printed, signed, and filled sequentially.
- Transfer of prior year payment vouchers from the store to filling room.
- Review and file payment vouchers sequentially in the filing cabinet
- Support in documentation retrieval during audit both internal and external
- Support closure of any gap identified during the internal audit process
- Review petty cash transactions support documents before replenishment
- Support the operations department when called upon to do so
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance Business Administration, or related field
- Any professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Previous internship experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word, Outlook
- Knowledge working with Finance Systems
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness to identify and solve issues proactively
How to ApplyInterested and qualified? Go to Fred Hollows Foundation on career10.successfactors.com to apply
1387 total views, 1 today