Full-Time Driver Jobs (2 Positions)
Driver Job at Abt Associates – US President’s Malaria Initiative (USAID)
USAID – US President’s Malaria Initiative
PMI VectorLink Kenya Project
Background: Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria.
Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
Abt Associates Inc. seeks candidates for its phase two recruitment for the USAID-funded PMI VectorLink Kenya Project in the following positions.
Kindly note that the position is pending approval and client funding.
Driver – Kisumu (2 Positions)
Under the supervision of the Procurement Officer, the Drivers operate and maintains project vehicles to meet the transportation needs of the PMI VectorLink Project in Kenya.
Driver Job responsibilities
- Drive project, and project affiliated personnel to project sites within the base location, and throughout the project implementation area for project activities, including official site visits.
- Transport project equipment, materials, supplies and documents to project sites
- Maintain up-to-date record keeping systems for vehicle issues including fuel, mileage, and trip logs.
- Observe all company vehicle utilization policies, in country traffic laws.
- Maintain project vehicle, including keeping accurate records, and following a schedule of routine maintenance, repairs and cleaning.
- Ensure the readiness of the vehicle for transport service by checking oil, water, fuel, and tires, maps and conducting safety and security inspection prior to driving.
- Perform project routine business around the region, such as receiving and delivering official project documentation to and from county office, general office purchasing, and photocopying.
- Purchase of basic cleaning and kitchen supplies and assist in the purchase of other project authorized items.
- Perform relevant general service activities such as collection of pro-forma, processing customs duty clearances and tax exemptions, as directed.
- Make arrangements for repairs, maintenance, and improvements to the office, as requested by the project management.
- Regularly check post office boxes, collect and dispatch letters, parcels and other correspondence, and perform other local errands.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification for the Driver Job
- Completion of Secondary School is highly desirable.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- At least 6 months prior experience in commercial driving.
- Thorough knowledge of local traffic laws and area traffic patterns.
- Knowledge of safety and security principles
- Excellent driving record and experience in traveling through the base location and other key areas of the country.
- Previous work experience on a development project is desirable.
- Time management skills.
- Fluency in English.
Duty Station / Location: Kisumu, Kenya
How to ApplyInterested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to VectorControl_Kenya@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line e.g. “Entomology Field Technician” by COB Tuesday, July 31st, 2018. Please note that where there are multiple duty locations indicated for a position advertised above, the candidate is encouraged to state the most preferred duty location in the subject line as well. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1494 total views, 1 today