Full-Time Construction Officer Jobs (3 Positions)
PO -WASH & Construction Officer Job at World Vision
Purpose of the Position:
Ensure successful implementation of Water Supply Systems, Sanitation, Hygiene, all other Construction infrastructures and multiple use of water initiatives contributing to child wellbeing outcomes. S/he will ensure integration with sponsorship management interventions.
To successfully do so, the position holder must be able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
Responsibilities for the Construction Officer Job
Effective Project Design, Planning and Implementation 30%
- Facilitate timely and quality implementation of Water, sanitation and Hygiene projects, other construction infrastructures and multiple use of water initiatives.
- Ensure that business processes, standards and guidelines related to WASH and Construction initiatives are effectively applied in project implementation.
- Provide overall construction site management in strict adherence to the approved designs.
- Facilitate field visit for all respective line ministries to inspect progress of works and validate all the inspection reports (this includes quantified work done)
- Supervision of contractors during implementation to ensure quality workmanship, safety and value for money is achieved within schedule.
- Facilitate Site-possession, handing over and commissioning of projects
- Carry out Technical Design of WASH and Construction projects as need arises
- Preparation of the tender documents (Technical Specifications, Drawings, Bills of quantities and Terms of Reference).
- Participate in the ADP tender committee to offer all the technical advice.
- Facilitates Topographical Surveys, Environmental Impact Assessment and GIS activities
- Maintain an updated Site Book for all construction works
- Facilitate communities to identify viable WASH and construction projects and negotiate for way leaves and easement and ensure their participation in the implementation of the same
- Ensure cross cutting themes are integrated into the WASH project
- Participate in Child Sponsorship Management
Quality Assurance – Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation 25%
- Supervise and Monitor WASH and Construction interventions in strict adherence to WV Kenya, Kenya government regulations, WHO and the SPHERE standards.
- Development of Project Designs and Annual Operation Plans. (4D matrices, DIPs, Annual Budgets).
- Facilitate WASH project surveys (Assessments & Baselines) and evaluations.
- Develop quality monthly, quarterly, semi- annual, annual and end of projects reports in accordance with donors and WV Kenya requirements.
- Document and disseminate best practices on Water, sanitation and Hygiene projects in the ADP.
- Ensure budgetary utilization is within acceptable limits/range.
- Facilitate regular WASH & Construction review meetings for the WASH team as well as participate in the ADP review meetings
- Ensures participatory monthly data collection are conducted (involving communities and partners) using the standardized tools
- Contextualization and utilization of reporting guidelines
Advocacy, Engagement, Networking & Partnerships 10%
- Gather and provide quality feedback and data to be used to develop technical papers and recommendations on key issues for external engagement with decision makers
- Establish and sustain working relationships with Government Departments and Agencies relevant to the Program’s focus area at the Ward, Sub County and County levels
- Participate in the Annual County Government’s Planning and Budgeting process and influence resource allocation to the priority needs of the most vulnerable groups within the Program Area
- Ensure that Program participants and partners are kept informed of all the Government laws and policies in respect to the Technical Program being implemented and any changes to government laws, policies and budgets
- Work with partners and coalitions to engage in advocacy activities with the government structures at the County level, to address the needs of local communities and inform national level advocacy initiatives
- Work with community groups to utilize advocacy approaches such as Citizen Voice and Action (CVA) and Child Protection Advocacy (CPA) to enable service users and local partners to engage directly with local government service providers to improve the quality of government services for children and to generate information and evidence for use in national level advocacy work.
- Ensure effective mobilisation of community groups, youth and children, empowering them to hold their governments to account
- Support communities groups, youth and children to engage constructively with duty bearers and service providers to improve access to, and quality of, essential services
Enhanced Empowerment & Capacity building 10%
- Capacity Building of CBOs and Water Users Committees to be able to effectively manage WASH facilities
- Capacity building of WASH staff (WASH officers, Sanitation and hygiene officers, Project accountant, Interns, and drivers) and communities in programming and implementation of WASH and construction projects.
- Support preparation and conducting training for water Users Associations to empower them to run their own water supply systems on a sustainable way
- Support preparation and conducting hygiene and sanitation promotion training sessions.
- Ensure that all WASH staff within the ADP meet or exceed basic professional requirements in relation to WASH initiatives
- Undertake staff performance management for supervisees
- Ensure incorporation of economic empowerment and sustainability in all project interventions.
Resource Acquisition 10%
- Develop timely and accurate funding proposals in line with donor requirements and WVK standards in collaboration with APA Manager, other sector specialists
- Mobilize the community for community contribution for project interventions
Sponsorship Management 10%
- Ensuring Integrated Sponsorship monitoring
- Participate in Child Sponsorship Management
- Provide project data for STEP system & Child monitoring and ensure use of STEP data for projects programming.
- Effectively manage other assignments as may be delegated to you by the supervisor from time to time.
Construction Officer Job Qualifications:
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Water Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum two years proven experience in working/programming in either relief or development including managing a large scale Community based water project with evidence of successful implementation of similar projects
- Experience in project design, proposal writing, needs assessments, surveys, and information management.
- Experience in supervising, training, and coaching staff
- Good understanding of SPHERE and other international standards.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Lotus Notes and statistical program (e.g. SPSS).
- Ability to conduct community WASH needs assessment, program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of WASH activities
- Knowledge and application of auto/arch CAD and GIS will be an advantage.
- Proposal/concept paper writing skills for fund raising.
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written).
- A team player, capable of building staff and community capacity in Water, Sanitation and hygiene projects through training.
- Ability to take initiative, a team leader able to work with minimum supervision
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and emotional maturity
How to ApplyApply here for the Sanitation & Hygiene Officer Job
838 total views, 1 today