Full-Time Clinical officer Jobs
Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established through the Science and Technology (Amendment) Act of 1979, which has since been amended to Science, Technology and Innovation Act 2013. The 1979 Act established KEMRI as a National body responsible for carrying out health research in Kenya.
The Spatial repellents (SR) project is funded by UNITAID and seeks to fill the gaps for assessing spatial repellent products efficacy, deployment and uptake strategies. In this regard, Kenya has been selected as the site for conducting the epidemiological evaluation of spatial repellent product efficacy in a high malaria transmission setting. This study will be conducted in Busia County over the next two years. The project seeks to fill the following position(s).
Location: Teso South and Teso North Sub Counties, Busia County
Duration: 1 year with a possibility of extension
Reporting to: Study Coordinator
The occupant of this position is tasked with providing quality health care services to study participants through diagnosing, investigating and treating patients and participate in research activities to improve human health. The CO will follow up study participants on a monthly basis and administer essential services outlined in the SOPs Reporting to the Study Coordinator, the Clinical Officer will be responsible for research in children between 6 months and 15 years including standard data collection, history taking and clinical examination, sample collection, RDT and blood slide preparation for malaria diagnosis and other procedures as necessary. S/he must be flexible and work within the existing structure, in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity.
Must have a Diploma in clinical medicine. A higher diploma in paediatrics from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
Must be registered with relevant authorities and in possession of a valid practicing license.
At least 3 years of research experience or working in a busy public health facility
Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
Fluency in both English and Swahili, written and spoken, Teso will be an added advantage
Flexible- able to work extra hours when needed
Training in Good Clinical Practices and Paediatric Life Support are added advantages h) Knowledge of malaria case management
- Experience in a clinical research setting
- Experience in paediatric care
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Experience working with Community Units
- Ability to collect study data using tablets
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collection of clinical data for the project from the Health facilities using tablets and paper forms as necessary
- Consenting of potential study participants and screening for eligibility including pregnancy testing of girls 13-15years of age
- Ensure quality of clinical follow-up of participants
- Follow up research participants for study end points in collaboration with an assigned community interviewer
- Assist with clinical care both in the outpatient and inpatient designated health facilities. Will include on-calls out of hours as needed
- Conduct trial related assessments and collection of data using case record forms in accordance to Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Liaise with the study coordinator, epidemiology manager and other Clinical Officers as necessary
- Record and report adverse and severe adverse events to the study coordinator, epidemiology manager and PI
- Diagnose, and treat study participants and members of the community in collaboration with the health facilities
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the study coordinator
Terms of Employment: One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a Probation period for the first 3 months.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on education levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales plus supplemental amounts.
How to ApplyApplications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
918 total views, 2 today