Full-Time Chief Procurement Officer Jobs
The National Museums of Kenya (NMK) is a state corporation established by an Act of Parliament, the National Museums and Heritage Act, 2006 No. 6 of 2006. NMK is a multi-disciplinary institution whose role is to collect, preserve, study, document and present Kenya’s past and present cultural and natural heritage.
Duties and responsibilities:
The position holder will report the Director Administration and Human Resource and will be required to:
- Head Procurement Section
- Advice the Director Administration and Human Resource on all procurement matters
- Co-ordinate all procurement activities
- Supervise, monitor performance and periodically evaluate the activities of all procurement personnel in the Department
- Institute periodical management inspections every six months to assess utilization and control of supplies
- Initiate and develop procurement policies for the institution in line with various applicable statutory laws
- Develop the organization’s procurement plan and manual
- Review procurement documentations for both local and overseas orders
- Prepare advertisement and procurement notices; analyze tender documents; prepare purchase orders as per approved tender/quotes; and prepare and submit written reports on procurement issues to the Director Administration and Human Resource
- Any other relevant duties as assigned from time to time
For one to be appointed to this grade, one must:
- Have served as Senior Procurement Officer for a period of three (3) years in a reputable organization
- Be in possession of a Masters Degree (Supplies Management Option) or its equivalent
- Be registered by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies Management
- Have shown merit and ability in his/her job performance
- Have demonstrated high administrative capabilities
Salary and benefits attached to the position:
- Basic salary scale: 89,094-123,790; entry scale 89,094
- Outpatient medical allowance: 2,000
- Leave allowance: 12,000
- House allowance: 45,000
- Commuter allowance: 12,000
- Entertainment allowance: 3,500
- Responsibility allowance: 8,000
- Inpatient medical: The position holder will be entitled to inpatient medical benefits as per the existing inpatient medical scheme to cover him/her, the spouse and four children under the age of 25 years.
Duty station: Head of Planning and Strategy Department will be based at NMK headquarters in Nairobi.
Terms of service: Three (3) years renewable contract based on performance.
528 total views, 1 today