Full-Time Broadcast Journalist Jobs
Broadcast Journalist (Multimedia) Job In Kenya at BBC
This post is based in the Africa Business Unit which produces business video and TV products for African audiences. All BBC Africa Business Journalists work across platforms, on a multimedia website with a focus on digital video, text, interactivity and radio and TV services.
Multimedia Journalists are part of the editorial/production team which work within the BBC’s high editorial standards and have responsibility for the clear and engaging reporting or presentation of the daily and/or weekly programme.
Multimedia Journalists are responsible for all aspects of Business output including the production and presentation of live and recorded content, reporting, presenting, script-writing, packaging, translating, and compiling TV Bulletins. They are versatile with proven journalistic skills or equivalent experience, good on-screen presence and broadcast voice, energy, creativity, flexibility and an in-depth understanding of the news, politics, culture and social issues relevant to an African audience.
In addition, all of our journalists are involved in creating digital video for our website and social platforms, and writing for our website to promote our content and engage with our audiences.
Shift work will be required which could include early/late shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- First class communication with fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili. Ability to communicate effectively in another African language is preferable.
- A good knowledge of what works on TV and digital platforms within the market.
- Proven track record of coming up with ideas and seeing them through to delivery, ideally in a creative or media environment.
- Exceptional knowledge of business, in particular stories that appeals to an African audience and excellent contacts.
- Relevant experience as a journalist, both in originating material and editing the work of others, is highly desirable.
- Ability to write scripts and adapt with accuracy, clarity and style appropriate to differing audiences and forms of media.
- An excellent broadcasting voice and strong reporting skills with the ability to perform with flair.
- A demonstrable interest in working in a multimedia environment and in encouraging audience involvement.
- A demonstrable interest in new media and how to exploit it for the BBC’s purposes.
- Good keyboard/computer skills and the ability to acquire technical skills and to operate technical equipment.
- An understanding of the BBC Africa’s distinctive news agenda and a wider interest in the strategy of the BBC as a whole.
- First-hand experience of handling cameras and shooting video for professional purposes.
Reports to:Business Editor, Africa
Contract: Local terms and condition
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
How to ApplyApply here for the Broadcast Journalist Job
792 total views, 1 today