Full-Time Broadcast Journalist Jobs
- To develop and deliver distinctive, significant investigations and current affairs documentaries (30min and 1 hour) which achieve high levels of impact and appreciation amongst African audiences. From the development of ideas, through the creative process of gathering material, to the editing and delivery of outstanding content.
- To work with the investigations unit to develop impactful investigative stories by effectively managing a large contact list of contributors as well as help local freelance and BBC Africa staff develop ideas to be made into documentaries and digital documentaries
- To contribute new perspectives and deeper exploration to big, moving stories.
- To work with other departments within the BBC and with external Africa Service TV and Digital Partners, including independent production companies.
- To oversee and comply content and ensure it meets BBC standards and legal requirements.
- To deputise for the Investigations Editor and line manage some member of the team, train and develop the staff.
- To forge relationships with other investigative organisations and programmes within the BBC.
- To manage production budgets effectively.
- An understanding of the law in relation to broadcasting.
- A full command of written and spoken English and an excellent track record in producing written news/ digital and TV news packages.
Qualifications for the Senior Broadcast Journalist Job
- Excellent track record of delivering high impact TV (30mins and 1 hour) documentaries, investigations and experience of different investigative approaches.
- A good working knowledge of long form and short form production techniques suitable for television, digital video, Online and other formats.
- An extensive track record of work in Sub-Sahara Africa, with at least 3 years working on African content or on the continent itself.
- A track record in editorial innovation and in developing great digital and TV content.
- Experience of managing a team of journalists
- Knowledge of BBC News and Current Affairs output, BBC News and Newsgathering.
- Knowledge of the African media market and the changing needs of the audience.
- Thorough knowledge of African news and international current affairs.
- Experience of managing budgets and observing tight financial targets.
- Experience of making sound judgements on matters of editorial sensitivity.
- A thorough knowledge of all the requirements of the BBC Producer Guidelines and Editorial policies.
- A high level of editorial awareness and judgement in line with BBC and News Directorate policy.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Strive for diversity of contributors, in terms of gender, ethnicity, disability and age.
- Appreciate and demonstrate the BBC Values.
- Resilience, determination, ambition, energy and enthusiasm.
How to ApplyApply here for Senior Broadcast Journalist Job
830 total views, 1 today