Full-Time Assistant Loans Officer Jobs
Job Reference: ALO.7/2020
Reporting to: BRANCH MANAGER
The Assistant Loans officer is to promote the creation of awareness as well as recruit and manage groups and individual business clients on deposit mobilization, collection of information about potential solvency of credit applicants, loan appraisal, disbursement and follow up for repayment.
DUTIES OF ASSISTANT LOANS OFFICER
- In-charge of MPAs administration.
- In-charge of loan recovery and tracking.
- Explain to members and would be members on the different types of credit facilities and options that are available and the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile loan applicant’s credit histories and other financial information.
- Providing support for complex data analysis and extraction.
- Carry out reconciliation between the MPAs and the General Ledger postings.
- Assist in preparing summaries on shares, deposits and loan postings.
- Generating defaulter’s list and administration.
- Appraise loan applications as guided by the Credit policy and the procedure manuals.
- Use the opportunity to cross-sell all other products and services offered by the SACCO in order to maximize revenues while enhancing customer’s satisfaction levels.
- Assist in processing refunds of over deductions /double deductions.
- Use intelligence to verify the authenticity of the person presenting instruments of loan appraisal.
- Exercise due diligence in operations on Know your customer (KYC) and anti-money laundering (AML) to prevent and detect frauds and forgeries.
- Maintain appropriate filing systems and update the DMS by scanning all documents for the department.
- Collections and maintaining quality portfolio. Portfolio At Risk -30 days and PAR – 90 days
- Any other lawful duty as may be assigned by the Branch Manager,Portfolio Manager, the Head of Credit or any other person in authority.
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally.
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
- Be of exemplary integrity and honesty
- Must be empathic to Customer needs
- Be decisive and possess quick judgment skills
- Possess excellent business writing skills
- Be proactive and initiative
- Possess analytical and critical thinking skills .
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be self- motivated
- Be a team player
- Education: Formal Qualifications
- Relevant degree/diploma and certifications.
- Three (3) years’ experience in credit management in a financial institution.
- Minimum KCSE (C Plain) with C (plain) English & Mathematics.
- Be between 24 –35 years of age.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to ApplyYou will be required to go through the Job Descriptions and market yourself by sending a one-page cover letter about yourself and achievement(s) to date. Other required documents are your CV containing three referees, copy of national I.D. Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, current certificate of good conduct or prove of application of the same and other testimonials clearly quoting the job reference as the subject header to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 22nd November 2020 by 6.00 p.m. NB: The Cover letter, CV and all other documents should be in PDF format and sent as one document.
1005 total views, 3 today