Full-Time Administrator Jobs
Strathmore University is a Chartered University located in Nairobi, Kenya. It was the first multiracial and multi religious educational institution in English speaking Eastern Africa and more recently the first institute of higher learning to be ISO certified in East and Central Africa in 2004. Our mission is to provide all-round quality education in an atmo…
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
Basic Job Summary:
The Administrator is an administrative position in the Office of Graduate studies. The candidate will be required to assist the Manager and the Director in academic-related administrative duties and ensuring the Office of Graduate Studies delivers the required University’s standards for student learning experience. The holder of this position is required to be in charge of two aspects of the Office of Graduate Studies: a) Coordinating Student Services, and b) Coordinating Communication.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain communications and data for the Office of Graduate Studies, including websites, forms, and print materials.
- Maintain Student record management/Graduate Catalog.
- Coordinate Data requests and reporting.
- Preparation the Annual Digest and Graduate Students Handbook.
- Perform the Office Graphics Design and brand requirements.
- Support Information Technology development and implementation (in Laravel or CodeIgniter)
- Organizing Student-Life Annual Events.
- Support for Student-Life initiatives e.g., Seminars, research activities.
- Handling inquiries from various stakeholders.
- Review Accommodation recommendations/policies and concerns for stakeholders.
- Filing relevant documents for the Office’s activities.
- Provide support in the graduate admission processes.
- Providing administrative support to the Director and Manager.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Director or Manager.
Skills & Personal Attributes:
The successful candidate should possess characteristics, skills, and experience described as, but not necessarily limited to:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and communication skills and strong presentation skills are required.
- Integrity and unquestionable work ethics.
- Highly motivated, flexible, adaptable and service-oriented, with strong collaborative skills for teamwork and consensus building among staff and faculty.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others in an academic environment.
- Strong programming skills and ability to research.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task.
- Ability to learn and innovate as needs of university and higher education evolve.
- Good organizational skills
- Willingness to work late (till 7.00pm) and Saturday mornings.
- Recent graduates with a First Class honours degree or Second Class (Upper) honours with exceptional qualities in Bachelor of Business Information Technology or equivalent.
- Additional Certifications will be an added advantage.
How to ApplyAre you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Administrator_OGS” on the subject line to email@example.com by 22nd November 2023 6:00PM.
53 total views, 3 today